"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, February 20, 2010

For your viewing enjoyment

Let's see.... What have we been up to?
Cash sings his ABC's, though not exactly correctly, but clearly enough so that you know that's what he's singing. He also spontaneously counts to ten all on his own. With a little fee-fi-fo-fum in for flourish. It comes out as "one, two-fee-fi-fo-fum six, seven, eight, nine, ten."
Cash has discovered tantrums. Did I mention that in my last post? If I did it's because it's been quite the new here.
He's still sleeping really well in his "tent." Rest assured it's not permanent. We'll eventually move him into a big boy bed, but I'm not sure when exactly that will be. It all depends on getting the office cleaned. Speaking of which we've made some great strides this week, but a long way to go yet.
I got Clay an early birthday present. We were leaving our complex and saw a bike for free. Clay went to go check it out but it's gearing was shot. But now armed with the information of what he wanted, I did my usual and found a deal on craigslist. I found a pretty awesome bike including the helmet for $50. Go me!
It's been relatively beautiful and sunny weather here. Our garden is loving it. I de-slugged and snailed again. I hate those critters. And we have our first two carrots! They were scrumptious!


Before Cazra left for Idaho in October she gave me a quick lesson on how to crochet. I've kind of been on my own and so far this is the best I've done. I have a couple of projects in mind so I'm working my way up to them.
Long story short, I was looking through my hope chest the other day and came across my chanter. For those who don't know, a chanter is what you start out playing on your way to learning the bagpipes. It's essentially the bagpipes without the bag and, er, pipes? Anyhoo, my goal is to start practicing on my own. Cash laughed himself silly the first time I did though. We'll see.
I've been running a mile pretty consistantly and have started to push for more than a mile. Between that and not eating dessert after every meal (what can I say? I'm addicted) I've lost 8 pounds and two of them just this last week. Booyah for me, if I do say so myself. I figure if I keep it up I should be able to get down to pre-Cash weight in another month and then I'll tackle the goal of an additional ten pounds. Ideally I'd like to lose another five after that, but I'd be more than content if I just lose my moderate goal. While I haven't noticed the loss in my size so much, I've been pleasantly surprised in the stamina department. I can really dance a lot longer and harder than I have been and while I don't think I'll ever enjoy running, I'm learning to tolerate it.
I think that's pretty much it for us at the moment. Wishing you all health and happiness!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Good work Cullen! Doesn't it feel great to be in tune with your body and taking care of yourself! I can't wait till the weather gets better and start running myself! Keep at it!

Blog Archive