"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Selective Independence

That is how I would describe Cash. He insists on doing some things by himself (putting his shoes on, turning lights on, etc) but absolutely refuses to do others (wash his hands) even though he is more than capable of doing it. What a character :)
We've all just recovered from whatever has been going around. Cash got it first, Tupp kind of got it, and then Clay came down with something last Sunday and it finally found me on Wednesday night. Now we're just recovering from the aftermath, so to speak. Cash watched movies all day yesterday while I languished on the bed. Thankfully, Tupp took a nice long nap with me and one of the movies Cash watched three times over was Peter and The Wolf (moderately educational, right?) and thus can now recognize that tune.
I finally finished my wedding from January. I know, pathetic. I confess I didn't anticipate having a second sweetie would slow me down quite this much. Like Clay says, it's not a doubling factor, it's more like multiplying by 10.
Tupp is starting to giggle. I've had her giggling for at least the past week or so when I tickle her in all the right spots, but just Wednesday night she started giggling on her own when she was watching video of herself talking. She also giggles sometimes when you play with her. She is getting easier to pacify and is more and more interested in the world around her. She's always liked to suck on her hand but now she has found her thumb.
She is noticeably smaller than Cash was at this age, but when she's naked she reminds me of a 1930's Irish boxer with the way she's built. I can't believe she's already 3 months old. Speaking of which, I have to take pictures of her... Oh, and she rolled over again, and again I missed it. One of these days it will become more consistent.
I haven't even started on our garden. It seems like it hasn't grown much at all this winter, even slower than last year. Which really isn't a big deal since it's only about ten carrots, strawberries we're going to keep going anyway, and lettuce that at this point mostly passes for weeds. Maybe after the rain stops Cash and I will make a go of it.
Other than that just keeping busy, busy. Always busy. Taking on as much work as we can hold (including thinking of making stuff to sell), trying to get a schedule back on track so our little family doesn't get neglected in all the bustle of trying to make ends meet. Same as all the rest of you :)
Wishing love and all the best (especially good health) your way.

No comments:

Blog Archive