"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Latest and Greatest

Paint. We made it yesterday. It's part of our new adventures in home preschool. My goal is to be like the OOey Gooey Lady, which includes making our own paint. Cash got to mix red and yellow to make orange and red and blue to make purple. And while he doesn't really like coloring with crayons, he loves to paint. He also loves playing in the yard- especially with the water. We planted some of our garden yesterday. Still hoping it grows :)
He's also big into being a super hero lately, cape and all. Usually it's Super Why from the PBS show, but sometimes it's Batman, Spiderman or even Superman. Or Super conductor man, or super race car man. It's all good...

I've been going back to Scottish dancing full time now. Tupp is usually a good sport about it.
We went on a trip to Angels Camp last weekend. It was mostly to shoot video for the Dunsmuir Scottish dancers, but we turned it into an anniversary road trip. Here's Tupp with Mark Twain :)
We found the little town of Murphys and fell in love. If I were to move anywhere else in California, that might be it. Next time we take a trip that way we want to bring Cash so he can have fun panning for gold and going on mining tours with Clay. Reminds me of our vacations when I was a kid. I think he'll enjoy it though.
Tupp has found her thumb. It's pretty funny to see the "claw" cover her face as she tries to find it. And then there are the times she nearly gags herself when she just shoves the whole hand in.
Here are some more photos of Tupp. I took these so I could show Nancy the dress that she bought for Tupp. But I liked the addition of the bow. I'm expanding my horizons with head wear lately. I've learned to make fabric flowers, felt flowers, etc. I'm a crafting crazy woman these days. So many things to do out there! I'll show you some of my successes the next go around.


No comments:

Blog Archive