
I was lazy for Halloween. I puff painted our pumpkins instead of carving them. It's held up pretty well, but is getting to the point now where you can peal it off (which is good since we're heading into Thanksgiving). Note the awesome jack-o-lantern grilled cheese sandwich for our Halloween lunch. :)

Cash changed his mind daily about what he wanted to be for Halloween. A skeleton, a ghost, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Wesley from Princess Bride... but ultimately, Spiderman. He already had the pj's so I made him a mask from a t-shirt I picked up at the Goodwill for a buck (which also yielded an awesome scarf- I'm totally getting into this refashioning thing). I really didn't know what to do with Tupp since I didn't have a theme with Spiderman (I'd worked up some pretty cool family dress up ideas for Star Wars and Princess Bride). So I dressed as Darth Vader and in 15 minutes created Tupp's Death Star get-up. Most people got it, although if I wasn't decked out you wouldn't know what she was. I had one person admit they had no clue what a Death Star was after asking if she was supposed to be a grenade. And at Trunk-or-treat there were at least five other Spidermen. There's always next year, right?

On another note, Tupp loves to try and dress herself. She always picks the stripes and knows exactly where each article of clothing should be (ie: shoes on feet, hat on head, pants on legs). Okay, sometimes she'll try to put pants or underwear on her head, but we're impressed that socks and shoes go straight for the feet every time.

I smashed my finger in the door about a month ago now. I had Tupp strapped to my back and Cash standing next to me. The blood dripped all over the stoop but I was grateful that it was my left hand. Thankfully I haven't lost the nail and it just looks like I painted my fingernail at first glance nowadays.

Cash was awesome in the primary program. Gigi got him this three piece suit, I'd freshly cut his hair and he had it pretty well memorized. That turned out to be the clincher, for when Sister Brown was prompting him he loudly said "nope" and finished his talk the way he thought it was supposed to go. It had the congregation in stitches and made me laugh and cry at the same time (I was crying because he's growing up so fast).
No comments:
Post a Comment