"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Marching onward!

Ha ha! I thought I'd missed February entirely, but thanks to my picture post I made it by a technicality.
We've had the noro virus come through this last week. Thankfully it was just me and Cash, and remarkably mild in my case. I had just finished thoroughly cleaning the house from the last illness. Guess I get to do it all over again. ;)
We've had fun in February. Not the grandiose plans I originally had- illness and reality always temper my goals- but still good accomplishments. Like Cash can count up to 49 in French and 39 in English. Pherse is now smiling a ton and talking a lot. Tupp is getting into mischief regularly. The other day she locked herself in the bathroom and couldn't figure out how to  unlock it (or wouldn't). Thankfully our knobs can be unlocked from the outside with a screwdriver.
We try to go out of doors as often as possible. With being sick we've been indoors a lot lately, and the weather had been chilly. But the last three days it's been warm and sunny. Cash keeps asking when the pool is going to open.


 This is Tupp's tinkerbell costume. It's already losing a wing and she loves to wear it often. Both of the kids have turned into quite the artist. Tupp has always liked to draw and color but Cash has started to do it much more since starting school. Now he's always wanting to draw.
 My friend Cazra did  my hair as my baby present. Even though I didn't have a shower with Pherson, it seems like everything I've really needed has fallen into my lap. And I have been most appreciative of it all.
 He's quite the little man. For being born as small as he was he's really growing fast and may even be bigger than Cash. Again, like all my kids, not chubby but tall and filled out. So far it's still the slightly reddish and his eyes are still barely blue.
 For President's Day Cash didn't have school and I had bought a half off deal to a place called Fairyland located in Oakland. I originally was going to take Cash for his birthday, but with the pneumonia and all that obviously didn't happen. So we went on the Monday and had a marvelous time. It's rather simplistic (astroturf hill and cardboard=awesomeness) and old fashioned (it's been around since the fifties) but we loved it.





 Ah...Tupp. She wakes me up in the morning with "my tummy hungry. I want waffles."

So glad my mom kept some of my clothes. It really is fun to see her in them.
She's in a "come find me" stage. It's not really hide and go seek, seeing as she'll hide in he same place multiple times in a row, but it's the beginnings.

 Smiles!

 While both of the kids absolutely adore Pherson and play with him, Tupp shares he bulk of the time with him as Cash is off at school. She wants to hold him, help  him cover his mouth when he coughs,

 shares her teddy bear and baby doll and Safeway coupons with him. It is so fascinating to see the relationships between the kids grow and evolve due to time, age, and addition of siblings. Cash is trying to take a more parental role with Tupp, which has it's pros and cons. We are trying to discourage that, but appreciate the extra eyes on her.
We keep making small attempts at potty training with Tupp. She is very different than Cash, so the same techniques do not work on her. My goal is to have her trained by the age of three. It would be easier if I didn't have Pherse to handle at the same time, but oh well. She likes wearing undies and there are times where she does well. She knows and understands, she just doesn't really want to actually use the potty.

So this may or may not be my only entry for March. Either way- Happy St. Patricks Day: Where we pretend that everything Scottish is Irish since most Americans don't know any better! Loves all!

No comments:

Blog Archive