"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, December 16, 2013

Mid December


LIGHTS!




 Shenanigans:

At the tender age of 1 Pherson has become a successful pick pocket. He had Oma and I searching for her wallet at a store for 15 minutes before we found him with it on my back in the ergo carrier. Don't let the innocent face fool you.
 Cash snuck the hat on Tuppy while she was sleeping and thought it quite the gas.
 Halloween in December: she's a villian, but a nice one?
 This is for my nieces. Incase the bracelets were confusing, this is what they're supposed to look like.
 The first Saturday we built tic-tac-toe games and took pictures with Santa at Home Depot before heading off to San Francisco.

I am constantly awed by how much the kids adore Nana and Papa, though they don't see them as regularly as we'd like. Tupp is infatuated with Papa and Pherson absolutely loved them both- didn't even hesitate to go to them.





We came home to make our first ever gingerbread houses, which I will never do again until they are considerably older.

 And then I had the creche festival and choir performances, which are the best we've had in the 9 years I've been doing it. A great way to start the season.
This is my first snowflake of the season. Cash calls it Snow Vader. We gave it to Dr. Miraglia at Pherson's 1 year well baby check up. He's in the 70th for height and 30th for weight, so long and lean just like Cash. And yes, I'm aware this is a horrible Vader.
 More jingle bells Mamma! She's sings loud and proud, wherever we are. The grocery shoppers found it quite amusing the other day.
 And I haven't figured out why people thing he's a girl. The necklace is usually hidden under layers, I dress him in blue, and STILL they think he's a girl. The price of being beautiful I guess....


 Tomorrow she's 3! It's gone by so fast and I am so incredibly grateful that I get to be her mamma. She teaches me every day, more so than the others combined, to be a better parent.

My Tuppy-girl turns three tomorrow! She gave me the confidence of a perfect birth but humbles me everyday as I learn at her hands where I need to improve as a mother. She is opinionated, self sufficient, confident, forgiving, loving, kind, and proudly strong. I see how I was in her and hope to allow her spirit to flourish so that she might always be just who she is. I truly love being her mamma, especially due to the growing pains which benefit me immeasurably.
Love you my Tuppy Rose.

She's fallen in love with Ariel, all because of a toothbrush. Luckily I have a friend that was willing to dress up. We had a great little tea party with hot chocolate and tea sandwiches. Ariel even brought her a Flounder! :) And Cash was a handy present assistant.

















Cash had a part in the Christmas presentation at church. He sang the donkey part of Jesus Our Brother Kind and Good. They were impressed that he knew the song so well with only one practice. Thankfully I knew the song so I could teach him.
Well, we'll be busy with packing, cleaning the new place, spending family time and celebrating Christmas so I'm not sure when we'll be on here again. So until then, MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Blog Archive