With the scraps from Tupp's halloween dress and birthday dress (the polka dot and pirate prints) I made bean bags, ties, bow-ties and a candy bag for trick-or-treating.
Cash kept changing his mind about what he wanted to be for Halloween. Originally it was a ninja turtle, then it was Vetruvius from the Lego movie (which he did for our ward trunk or treat) then a missionary (but I couldn't find Clay's old name tag) so in the end he decided to be a vampire.
Tupp was Snow White.
We tried to find a good pumpkin patch. This one was about an hour away and in the future I'd rather make the drive to the train one by Sacramento with the big hay fort. But we gave it a go.
One of my favorite things that we did was join our good friends the Fowlers and go on a haunted hay ride around old town Dayton. We even learned some history (the Confederates were called copper heads because of the heads cut out of copper coins that they'd wear).
There were even games, prizes and cookies. Doesn't Tuppy look like Trudy form Meet Me in St. Louis?
The copperhead.
I decided to try a winter garden. In preparation I was turning over the soil and found that I actually did get potatoes, despite the horses. These puppies were superb hashbrowns.
Halloween is actually Nevada day as well- the day we became a state. Thusly there's a parade. Cash and Tupp got to be in the parade on the Comstock Mining float.
I was a unicorn witch, Pherse was a train conductor and you can see how the other two turned out. Imust say that trick-or-treating on main street was super fun though really wieird going into dive bars. ;) We loved hanging with our friends the Ross Family.
The morning after it snowed just a smidge. We went to Carson to watch their Nevada day parade and then to the Stake Center for the BBQ and celebration.
We got a call that took us to California for a couple of whirlwind trips. When we left on Saturday we didn't know what to expect, and when we headed home on Sunday we said good-bye to Pop Pop just in case we didn't make it back in time. Thankfully he held out and we were able to see him upon our return Tuesday night. He passed Thursday morning and the memorial service for him on Saturday was beautiful.
Racing the train and the kids are quite familiar with the meditation path at Memorial Hospital.
Loving our Addie time. We even squeezed in a trip to Shuffles and a hair cut for mamma.
The day in between our trips we enjoyed the Veterans parade.
Heading through Sonoma and then leaf pile wars on our morning walk in Santa Rosa. We don't get to do a lot of those in NV. Not a whole lot of trees and leaves in our neck of the woods.
Not only did we get ice cream but we went to one of the magic shows at Shuffles. Pherson was enthralled, Cash thought it was all amazing and Tupp loved it when the dove appeared.
We came back to full winter- freezing and fresh fallen snow.
We celebrated Martinmas by creating something colorful and making lanterns. Then we walked with our lanterns and delivered goodies to some of our neighbors. We met a family four doors down and they are now giving us duck eggs.
I bought Cash a bike that was blue but with pink wheels and peddles for $10 up on main street. I convinced him to turn it into a rat rod so we're painting it flat black. Just finished it the other day, but it's been snowing so I haven't taken final pictures yet.
Cash had the flu the beginning of Thanksgiving week. I though we were all in the clear now, but just tonight Tupp started barfing. Hoping this goes quickly and that no one else gets it. I hate sickness!!
Tupp and Cash still say their favorite story from Pop Pop's memorial was the one about how Auntie Britt thought kiester was Spanish for butt.
Tupp's getting this and Frozen underwear for her birthday. She can't wait- it's hard being the last one with a birthday, expecially when Pherson has one right before her.
Speaking of Pherson's birthday, I had forgotten to get him something so the day before I made him this dragon-dinosaur tail. He loves dress up so it's prefect, I just need to add more velcro because he's so skinny it falls off when he's running.
Mustache party for breakfast!
Mustache party for dinner! With our November thankful tree in the background.
Right now I'm doing an intensive study for my Waldorf rhythm. It's really fascinating and so helpful in better understanding things and also in helping me to be a better parent. I still have miles to go, but then it's always good to strive for improvement.
The Saturday after Thanksgiving I woke up to find Cash had taken down all of ourfall decorations. I've always wanted a set of these lights so I got some and before you know it the house was entirely decorated- tree,lights, stockings, advent calendar and all.
We had some good snow the other day and were able to play in it this morning before the sun melted it all away. This month we're taking it easy and celebrating all the festivals- St. Nicholas, St. Lucia, Advent and Christmas. We look forward to having our house full of friends and family and then traveling to California for more family time. We are truly blessed and grateful, which is my favorite part of it all- just feeling so overwhelmed with love and gratitude to our Savior and Heavenly Father. Wishing you all a season full of such love and joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment