Most nights I have my bed to myself until about 5am when and sleeps for anothe couple of hours. Once in a while Tupp has a bad dream (usually about spiders) and then I end up sleeping in Pherse's bed. It makes me wonder how exactly we'll fit another person in, but someway, somehow it will work out. It always does.
We've only had one lake day. And while it was fun (Tupp named her little fish Dodger before sending it back and Cash had a great time captaining the boat while Pherson sat like a little captain in the ice cooler section), it's definitely more that I can handle right now. Tupp ended up with heat stroke and I got burns on the bottom of my feet from hiking out the kids and our stuff. Not to be repeated this year. Instead we have been thoroughly enjoying the pleasures of the indoor pool and hot tub at the Silverland. We got two to four times a week and love it.
The weather here has been so nice and mild for the most part. Lots of thunderstorms and rain- even for the 4th of July. We helped toss candy for Comstock Mining and then sat and watched the rest of the parade before the rain started. That afternoon we had our annual BBQ at the Ross's and then they and their extended family and the Fowlers and their extended family came and watched the fireworks for Virginia City at our house. Fun!!
This is pretty much what our school looks like right now. We did a couple of saint stories in June and this month it's been fables. Cash's handwriting is getting much better, he's getting pretty good at coming up with the review sentence on his own and we've just introduced nouns and verbs. He's counting by 2, 3, 5, 10, 25 and 100. We're taking a break for Tupp- we'll start back up again in September with her kindergarten curriculum. I'm not too worried since I just realized that I accidentally started her a year early so we're ahead.
Most of the time Tupp and Pherse pal around playing dress up. I always love it when he asks for his Ella dress and Rina slippers. So cute!
Another joy this summer is our train pass. We ride it once a week, even though they would like to ride it more. I don't want to abuse the generosity.
Cash has had a hard time with friends. And what I mean by that is it's been hard finding kids that are his age. They're usually four years younger or older. So Reese is much loved and appreciated since he's within bike riding distance and Cash's same age. They were friends from Hugh Ghalleghar school together. Unfortunately Reese is in a summer program most days as his parents work, but come Saturday the two have a blast together. We are so happy for Cash to have a close friend that doesn't involve dealing with such a huge age gap balance.
I'm just about done with all my crafting stuff. Two pairs of shoes to go and I'm seriously done.
I am so grateful for new tires! I really should take a picture of the old ones- they were a ticking time bomb of danger and you could see the metal ribbing or whatever where it had worn through in spots. It made for a busy day with doctor appointment, grocery shopping, dropping the car off and swimming for good measure but the peace of mind to have safe tires on is priceless.
I thought you all might get a kick out of our neighbors sign. Welcome to VC where we don't mind shooting first and asking questions later. ;)
Did I mention rain? Lots and lots of rain? And it's been in the 70's for the most part. Gargeous weather, as they say. Meanwhile it's been 80-90 down in Carson and Reno. We love our mountain retreat. Although, if California really gets that El Nino they've been forecasting we could be in for a whopper of a winter.
Science class! Silver City puts on a summer program and each week is something different. We did an art day, a bike rodeo day and then they do two science classes with this fellow from 4H that has come for the past several years. He is awesome! Cash still remembers his lesson on cold and hot temperatures affecting chemical reactions in glow sticks from last year. So this year they did rockets and carbon dioxide experiments.
They're like rabid hobbits. I swear I feed them and then when you're not looking they'll eat anything unguarded. Mostly Pherse and Cash. I am constantly amazed at how much they'll pack away. I'm concerned how we'll be able to afford them as teenagers. ;)
Cash still likes to come dancing with us. He even gets dressed up for the occasion. We only have about three more weeks to go before we go on maternity leave for swing dancing. Normally I'd go to the bitter end but I did something playing basketball about a week ago and now my pelvic bones feel like they're being pulled apart whenever I do any exercise (as in anything above a saunter). Time to take it easy and ride out the last month as best as possible. And this is why this little girl will be our last- I am literally falling apart and my 5'2" frame has been maxed out. It was a good run, but the sense of completion is already upon me.
Just when everyone around me thinks I can't get any larger (and says so)-- 1 month to go..
The horses and deer are back. I've lost my potatoes and two of my strawberries. Ah well, I'm not doing too good with container gardening anyhow.
Maybe we'll have our new little wee one by the next post. I've been struggling with a name for her. It's so hard when it's your last chance for the perfect name and all sorts of possibilities and options to choose from. Something has recently struck my fancy but I dont' know that Clay likes it so.... she still doesn't have a name. Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment