"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, September 8, 2016

So...so...behind. Story of my life.

 So I guess we're telling you about the death of summer and the beginning of school. I'm still mourning the changes in our life, even if things are going well and everyone is relatively happy. I've never done well with change, and we've had some whoppers.
We had surprise guests come stay with us in July for one night. A French couple who are traveling the world on bicycles. They've been at it for several years now and have just the Americas to go I believe.
The boys wanted faux hawks. It prompted another bully encounter, which prompted me putting my foot down and now we no longer have a bullying problem.
 Finished out our swimming for the season. It's hard when you have a baby in tow. But the weather has definitely cooled- fall is nearly here.

 My messy eater.
 Blackberry season is over as well. We picked a lot and made cobbler mostly.

 We started teaching dance in Reno. The drive is a killer, figuring out the kids is a killer, but the scene is growing by leaps and bounds, bringing in nearly $200 a week after expenses. And it's just beginning.


 Luckily we have a friend with an overloaded peach tree. Made jam and cobbler. Success!

 I've been thinking about color schemes for the house, mostly because I'm thinking ahead and the deck has to be painted before winter. What are your thoughts?




 Now that it's cooler we're enjoying the parks. The Fowler boys took Cash out to work on baseball. Love those people!


 Cemetary hunting for Marilyn Gillis and horseys. They ate my potatoes and trees and some brave deer climbed onto our deck and massacred my peach trees, elderberry tree and apple tree. I nearly cried. I hate nature sometimes!

 She's a climber, just like Pherson.
 So this is the biggest change, and the one I'm having the hardest time with. They are doing remarkably well. Cash is reading above his grade level and on track with everything else. Tuppy is happy as long as they do singing. I just miss them and hate the rigorous schedule we're stuck to now.

 Our one summer storm, and it even brought hale.
 I've thrown all my efforts into preschool with Pherson (and part time with Tupp). I love to teaach and miss it with Cash. But we still do some here and there.
 Every morning we go on walks- to the park, around the neighborhood, uptown....





 Teaching ain't easy when juggling kiddos.
 Riding the train now and again. Not as often as we'd like. It's hard to fit it in between the naps and pick ups from school.

 I love fresh strawberries fromt he farmers market. So I made a cake with them for Nut's first birthday. I haven't uploaded the actual pictures, so here are pictures of the pictures.


 We went to the Gold Hill hotel for her dinner. It' racing weekend, just like a year ago, and brought back the memories.



 Baby wearing on our walk.






 Labor day parade. Elvis and candy.
 Auntie Jen is so talented! We love it!
 This week was themed around apples. We started our fall mobile and were going to go to Apple Hill- school was even going to not count it as an absence. But the stomach flu has struck again. Last weekend it was Pherson and I and now it's Cash. Hoping Tupp and Nut can escape it. Especially since we're teaching regularlly now. Speaking of teaching, I have 7 highland dance students! Okay, off to take care of the sicky and cranky no napper Nut.

No comments:

Blog Archive