"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, September 7, 2009

Gearing up for fall

I cannot believe how grown up our little "Cash Baby" , as he refers to himself, is getting to be. Why, look at those legs!
He has a new word every day. Yesterday it was "cute." And he's into using "cook" a lot. Mama cooks. Cash (pretend) cooks.
We have sugar pie pumpkins! Homemade pumpkin pie here we come! Now I just need to get started on planting my winter garden. We're hoping to do carrots, lettuce, broccoli and winter squash.
Here is my first foray into sewing an article of clothing. Not bad, considering, as long as you don't look too closely.
And the cutest model ever.
We went swimming with our cousins today. Cash gets so excited when he sees them- he just loves Myles, Rhaevyn and Aeva. I'm not sure he's too keen on Elsa since she loves to grab his hair and ears (and it doesn't help that I laugh when she does) and he gets jealous when I hold her, but I figure it's just getting him ready for when we decide to get a sibling for him.
Anyhoo, at the pool Cash got his first bee sting and barely even noticed it. And thankfully no allergic reaction.
Other than planning on rearranging our living room and bedrooms soon, we're working hard as the wedding expo quickly approaches. Wish us luck and lots of brides!

No comments:

Blog Archive