I haven't uploaded any photos yet, but you know they'll be coming....
For Christmas Eve I took Cash down to San Francisco and visited with Nana. We had a great time and wished we hadn't needed to rush back home so soon. The rest of our afternoon was packed- I had to drop off some DVD's for one of my weddings and then we hung out with my good friend from elementary school- Allison Terbush. It was so nice seeing her. I think the last time we'd hung out was the year before I'd married Clay. She's dating a fellow from Ireland and is probably moving back there the end of spring. Clay, Cash and I are going to have to make a trip to the green country :)
That evening Cash opened his presents at the Mitchell's- a magnifying glass, a matching game and a cute pair of pajamas. On Christmas morning we slept in and then I made an apple oven pancake while Cash opened his present from Santa- a guitar. He also got an orange sweater from Nana, a Richard Scarry book about cars that go and an alphabet bus from my good friend Maria (along with books he opened previously and now makes us read each one twice a night before bed). He still has one present to go over at Cammie and JP's from his mom Diane. So to sum it all up- Cash made out like a bandit. After presents we headed to the Mitchell's for more breakfast ala Clay and then a never ending round of Settlers of Catan. The best part of my day though was a date night with my hubby. We were going to go dancing but then down graded to seeing Avatar which got down graded (because they were pretty much sold out) to watching the new Sherlock Holmes movie. It was just nice to spend time together.
Today, in honor of it being our last Sunday of the year, I put Cash in his big boy kilt which he finally fits into. He looked a bit like a girl so we spiked his hair but then he just ended up looking like some 80's punk- think the Ramones. Ah well, we can start our fashion sense anew next Sunday and the beginning of 2010.
That still sounds so crazy. Know we're missing each and every one of you and sending hugs, kisses, and thoughts of health and happiness to you all!!!
Isaac's 12th Birth Day
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment