"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bummer

So.... we lost the election. Kinda bummed after all the work we put into it, but... what are ya gonna do? It's disheartening to see the uneducated (on the topic) masses choose people who really won't advocate for them. On the flip side, we learned a lot, met a lot of good people, had fun waving signs, and have become more motivated to be aware and participate in our immediate community.

This election has also reinforced the insanity in which we live, being in California, on a state level as well. I just can't understand the logic behind some choices people make, but then it's probably because I believe strongly in principles like agency and being self sufficient. Can you tell I'm frustrated? One always asks the question- why don't we just move? Because that would just make it worse for those who stay and I'd miss my chance to make a difference.

Here's to us all making a difference in our community, wherever we may be, throughout the coming year :)

P.S. While we didn't win, we have some awesome sign waving pictures. I'll post them when Clay gets back from his trip to Nevada.

No comments:

Blog Archive