
As usual, I'm crunched for time, but am overdue for updating the blog. This usually results in a flurry of pictures with little explanation.
I'll start with the most recent.
We took the kids to Scandia. Okay, we took Cash to Scandia, Tupp went along for the ride. I'd gotten a half off deal and thought we'd leave summer with a blast. Race car driving, bumper boats and arcade games. We didn't get around to golfing, but we'll do that next time. He could barely see over the edge of the race car. He squirted me with the water cannon on the bumper boats, and he played a western rifle shooting game, ski ball and pod racing in the arcade. When asked what was his favorite part he promptly lists everything he did. It was all around enjoyable. Clay said his favorite part was when we arrived and seeing Cash get so excited he didn't know which way to go cause he wanted to do it all at once.




Have I mentioned Cash loves dressing up? Of course I have! Apparently, Batman's day job is housecleaning...

He also likes to skateboard when he's not saving damsels in distress....

But why limit yourself to already established superheros? We make up our own here.

Cash is such a character. I love living my life because of my kids. After getting home late the other night he said he was hungry and Cash gets notoriously low blood sugar. So as I'm making him some food he falls asleep. Like this. Really.

He can sleep just about anywhere through just about anything. I got him a new booster seat (yay! it takes up less room!) but now he falls asleep on Tupp.

Speaking of Tupp... Just turned 9 months and coming in at 26" and 17 lbs. That puts her in the 25% for both. However, she's in the 75% for head so, according to the doctor, the likelihood is that she'll be at least 3-4" taller than me. I guess that doesn't come as a surprise. I pretty much knew they'd all be taller than me. She's a great eater though. And she's the kind of kid that has to experience everything- gets into everything and puts it all in her mouth. She doesn't like to be read to, but would rather man handle the book. She's been sleeping ten hours at night, but lately not so much since she has three top teeth coming in (hence the crankiness). But overall she's a happy, good natured baby that I can't kiss enough :)

Cash has been a lifesaver. He really is a FABULOUS big brother (even if sharing isn't his forte). She's almost too big for him to carry any more (especially now that she weighs half as much as he does). The other day he followed her up the stairs and stayed right behind to keep her safe.

He's good with both of the girls actually. We love having Addy over. They kind of babysit each other...

About three weeks ago we went to Howarth Park. I'd forgotten about it all summer. Okay, in all fairness, it rained through June and then I got busy with weddings and didn't think of the park until the end of August/beginning of September. And what made me think of it was Cash saying out of the blue that he would like to ride a horse. Hmmm... where to take him to ride a ...aha! So we did the train, the carousel and then finished up with the ponies. Cowboy Cash!


And that's kind of been the end of our summer. Our garden is pretty much at it's end and I've already planted the winter garden. We have peppers, carrots, 2 pumpkins, sunflowers, tomatoes and onions. Not sure what all we have sprouting now other than lettuce, carrots and onions. However, it looks like we might not get to enjoy them. We may be relocating soon, but within the same area. I can't handle a huge move right now, what with five weddings in the queue come this weekend. But I've branched out a bit with the creativity of my editing and am enjoying what I do despite the stress. I always know I'm stressed because I get cold sores. But I think what set them off this last week was my car. Thankfully it's back to it's old plugging-along dependability now, but I can't imagine just how much antifreeze it went through.
Our next three weeks will be fun as we head into autumn. It's heated up here, but we'll be celebrating Michaelmass with Sarah's preschool and then I'm putting together a harvest/birthday party for Cash on the 14th (so jazzed!) and just the general comforts of enjoying the holiday season. I love October-December.
Until next time.... ta ta for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment