"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, December 16, 2011

Tuppence Rose




So I know her birthday is technically tomorrow, but if I wait I'm sure I'll get busy and have to do it on Sunday. So I might as well do it now. :)

Aaahh, my Tuppence Rose. Where do I begin? The year has gone by so quickly and so much has happened in that short amount of time. A year really is a short period if you think about it. Especially since those years seem to be going by faster and faster. She has brought us much joy, happiness and lots of smiles. She has such a big personality for such a little body and even when she is being stubborn (which happens a lot!) you can't help but smile at her.

I was thinking of Tuppy things this morning and, in my lack of creativity, I thought I'd just list them:

Tuppy likes stripes. She likes to try and dress herself with any sort of fabric and will choose stripes over anything else. She knows socks and shoes go on your feet and will lay them on her feet, considering them "covered". Everything else goes over her head. As long as it's wrapped around her in some fashion she is "dressed."

Tupp wears a size 0-3 month shoe. She is 18.8 lbs and is about 30'' tall. Last time we checked she was in the 25% for height and weight. While her size is like me I think she looks a lot like her grandmother Gigi. Tupp has the most gorgeous, big, beautiful brown eyes with big lashes. You couple that with her infectious smile or impish grin and deep husky laugh and, well, you're smitten.

This girl has attitude. She's not territorial like some kids are, but when she doesn't get what she wants or get her way when she has her heart set on it- get ready for the temper tantrum (which consists of throwing herself on the floor). Luckily it's usually short lived.

I do feel like I say "no" to her a lot more than I did with Cash. I think it's because she's a climber. If she can get a leg up on it she'll attempt the ascent. She doesn't have much fear, but she's a smart little cookie. she attacks the stairs like a seasoned pro (which I guess she is by now seeing as she's been climbing up and down them for about five months). She's not as steady on her feet walking wise but she is walking (and even trying to run).

I also say no to her because she will look at you and knowingly do something she's not supposed to do. It's like having a three year old in a one year old's body. Willful disobedience I guess you could say. But darn, she's so cute when she's doing it, what with that impish smile and all.

She still loves bath time. The only way to settle her down is to rub her bottom (thanks for that tip Papa!) and she loves, Loves, LOVES stuffed animals. She has a couple of favorites (the frog at home and the dog at Oma and Opa's house). But if it's fluffy and stuffed she will give it big squeezes and even lay down and cuddle it. It is THE cutest thing to see!

She loves to dance when music comes on. She has three moves: side to side sway, up and down bounce and twisting.

We are so glad we had this little love come into our lives. She and Cash love each other so much and already have so much fun together. We can't imagine our lives without her and as I remember her entrance into our home I think of the moment she was handed to me- I was so over come with joy I was laughing and crying at the same time.

Happy birthday dearest Tupp!








No comments:

Blog Archive