About a week later we woke up to this directly over us on Sunday morning. They were so close we could hear the burners very loudly and the people in the basket giggling. I ran downstairs and got the kids up so they could see the sight.
Our garden is not faring well. I think it's the soil that isn't working, but we do have strawberries! They are planted in plain old dirt and thriving so at least once a week we can go out and pick enough for everybody to get at least one. I just got the plant last fall so this is it's first season producing and it's doing quite well considering.
Cash is finally feeling brave enough to conquer swim lessons. This is from his first day. The hardest parts for him are blowing bubbles and going under the water, but we'll work on that. I confess I laughed at him a little- he has a bit of a cold and between that and the water he was trying to wipe his nose on the side of the pool. I couldn't help myself and giggled on the sidelines.
Our newest wee one is moving around and I'm barely still in my regular jeans. In another week or two that probably won't be the case, but lasting about 5 months in my own clothes ain't bad. I am, however, already getting the looks of "December? Wow, cause you look a whole lot bigger than that." Joy.
We are planning on using July as our last hurrah. Family mini vacations packed in as much between working and weddings. August through September will be a whirlwind with Cash starting school and Clay starting a new "job" as a subcontractor for a company in Nevada (while keeping his current work pace on top of it). Much will be asked, much will be given, but hopefully much will be gained. We have to pay for this new kids somehow, right? :)
Wishing you all a wonderful 4th and a happy July!

No comments:
Post a Comment