"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Saying goodbye to July

 Cash is done with his swim lessons. He has improved in putting his ears in the water and blowing bubbles, but when you won't put your head under the water they can't very well pass you onto the next class. Which is fine- we have plenty to work on as it is. I made a list of all the exercises and so we practice them in the tub, or the pool when it's hot enough out.

Ever since pinterest I've found so many things about refashioning or reusing old items that I'm terrible at throwing things out. Like Clay's ten pairs of worn out socks. I actually found this tutorial on my friend's site- how to make a sock baby with no sewing. Here's my first attempt. More to come (since I have at least 18 more socks left to use)!
 Tupp never wears anything in her hair, but just for kicks I got out the bows Auntie Jen had sent her for Christmas. She enjoyed getting gussied up, looked at herself, and then promptly took them out again. She makes a game of it- having me put every single clip in  her hair. Then she takes them back out and puts them away again. She's so capable- gets her own bib out, puts her toothbrush away, etc. Growing up so fast.
 We haven't done as much as we would have liked for July, but we used my birthday as an excuse to go on an adventure. We packed it up on Friday and drove to Sacramento to see the train museum. Cash wants to go back, but I'm not ready to make that drive again any time soon.
Yesterday I took it easy and hung up all the pictures, etc. that have been lying around the house since we moved- it finally looks like home! Tomorrow Cash has an evaluation for his school and then we are going to Ikea (vertical storage!) followed by a Giants baseball game. Happy birthday and goodbye summer! It really is a shame that they start school as early as they do. We have less than a month left, but work will preoccupy most of that time.

I realize that mostly my extended or long distance relatives read this blog. Many of you know about the recent loss in our family, but for those of you who don't we wanted to let you know of the passing of our little niece. Ailla Jean Scirica passed a couple of days before her due date.  It is times such as these that we are grateful for the knowledge that our families can be together forever, that we are loved and watched over by our Father in Heaven and that our Savior, Jesus Christ lives.

Love to you all, wherever you are.

No comments:

Blog Archive