Cash has been loving school. He got to bring home his "notebook of life" and show us some of the things he's been doing. And on the first page were these photos of the class.
On one page he said how his first day was kind of sad because he missed mom. I don't think that hampered his day any though, seeing as he came home with a glowing report and wanted to return. Here is a drawing he did of his classroom. He's gotten so good at writing his name- his "s" is even facing the correct direction these days.
We had his parent/teacher conference a week or so ago. He's learned to hold his writing instrument correctly and he's so proficient in his use of language she called him an orator. It was her nice way of saying he talks a lot, and loudly. He comes home singing all the songs they sing during the day and while initially had some anger issues, I think he's starting to settle in nicely.
My friend Sarah had us over and taught me how to make felt balls. There is a whole world of felting out there, but this was a good beginning. I made two felt balls- one for Tupp (pictured below) and a green one for Cash.
Oma and Opa took the kids to a train show here at the local fairgrounds. They both loved it so much that Cash still mentions it all the time and Tupp has fallen in love with Thomas the tank engine.
Speaking of Tupp, that girl never ceases to amaze me. The other day she got this shapes/puzzle set out. I can't tell you the last time she's played with it, if she ever has at all. And right away she picks up a yellow triangle and announces "triangle" and promptly puts it in a triangle spot. Where does she get this stuff?!
Sundays we usually spend with Pop Pop and Gigi. Couldn't pass up a snapshot of this moment of them all gathered around the piano.
Tupp's bangs had grown into her eyes so I trimmed them the other day. I'm so proud of myself- no tears, no blood and they don't look half bad either. Go me!
Originally I was going to get Cash something else for his birthday, but he decided he wanted to be Optimus Prime for Halloween. I couldn't bring myself to pay $20 for a wimpy costume so I thought I'd buy one of the nicer masks for $10 and make the rest of the costume myself. Trouble is that when we went to go buy it, Walmart had decided to discontinue them and sold out of all the $10 masks. The only ones left were the superdeduper models. Originally $30, they were marked down $20. We agreed to get it with the understanding that this would also be his birthday present. It makes cool sounds and says stuff and also has a voice modulator. Pictured here is Tupptimus Prime. :)
Sunday morning before conference she comes in with some chapstick and was so proud of what she'd done with it.
After cleaning her up, she and Cash galavanted all morning playing princess and Star Wars and drawing with their dry erase markers.
Tupp's new favorite food is broccoli. I don't know how this happened, but she loves it cooked up with butter or cheese and eats so much of it here diapers end up green. I only wish she would rub off on her brother. The toss up is she doesn't like eating most meats. Maybe a vegetarian in the future?
For Cash's birthday he's been asking for a pinata. He's been asking for one for at least a year. I thought I'd get all crafty and make one. Then I made the mistake of asking him what kind of pinata he'd like. Originally it was Spiderman, but then he rethought it and decided he wanted a Green Goblin (which makes more sense- beat up the bad guy). So here he is, almost finished. Just have to load him up with candy, add the hat and attach the body and string him up. Viola!
And then... Cash got sick. He came down with a mild fever last Friday night. Just in time to miss the first birthday party we would have been able to go to. And then... he was fine the next day only to have the fever crop up again Saturday night. This repeated on Sunday and then on Monday I realized that during the day the fever didn't disappear, it just dropped down to super low grade and then spiked at night. He's had a cough starting about a week before the fever and now the fever is super low in the morning, progresses starting midday and is peaking earlier and earlier in the evenings, originally at 103, but now up to 105. Took him into the doctor and they think it's either pneumonia or mono. Either way we're looking at a long recovery and so his birthday celebration will have to be postponed. He survived his first blood draw, though the lady had to do both arms. He was rewarded with his request: a burrito, horchata and a cookie. His appetite his diminished in the afternoon and evenings so I'll pretty much feed him whatever, whenever lately.
I confess that while I hate seeing him sick, I've enjoyed having him home lately. I had missed him being our constant companion. Tupp and I are enjoying his company and play.
And here I am at about 30/31 weeks. I confess I've lost track, which is a good thing. I think the only thing I need to get at the moment is an infant carseat. Oh, and pack for the delivery. There is that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment