"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 19, 2012

Goodbye October

 Cash did finally get a birthday. The 12 day fever broke on his birthday, in fact. He enjoyed seeing Oma and Honey, though it still took him another week to recuperate enough to really use his beloved scooter. Clay just taught him to coast- he's getting so coordinated and grown up!

We went to our local pumpkin patch. The kids fed animals, ran through the children's hay maze and climbed the hay pyramid. In the end they each picked a baby pumpkin to take home.



 After Cash was entirely healed we invited the Dunford family over for pizza and pinata beating. Teagen even wore his spiderman costume (which worked out awesome since he pinata was the Green Goblin).


After the pizza the kids had a dance party to Gangan Style. It was the perfect birthday party- simple and tons of fun. For school he brought cupcakes and finger puppets and wore a paper crown. He was in heaven.
Last week was the primary program at church. Cash usually gets a pretty long part, seeing as he's one of the few kids who likes talking in the microphone and can do so and still be intelligible. I love watching him do his thing. :)
I have more photos to upload, but I thought I'd finish a quick update. Tupp is on her fourth day of fever illness. I'm on my fourth night of sleep deprivation. Hoping that she's on the mend soon so I can get some rest before the baby comes. About a week ago I started having contractions so I finally ordered the carseat and cleaned out my car. Clay is fervently trying to get his projects completed in Nevada while I'm editing when I can between taking care of the house, the children and housecleaning. Not easy now that Tupp is sick. I think I've babied her too much over the last couple of days and now she's attached to my hip, which is characteristically unlike her. :) But I've enjoyed our extra cuddles. Originally I was hoping for a Thanksgiving weekend baby, but now I just want us healthy and stocked up on sleep before that storm hits.
Wishing you all the luck in the world and and wonderful Thanksgiving. More pictures to come when we can.

No comments:

Blog Archive