Clay is working so hard. When he doesn't have a wedding, we try to do something adventurous on Saturday. One of these we took the kids to Scandia for miniature golfing. It was Tupp's first time so Cash gladly tried to show her the ropes. She's a bit little yet- preferred to throw the ball rather than swing the club, and still too little for any of the other rides. We had a rousing game of air hockey though.
It's been a relatively cool summer, but now and again we'll get a hot day or two. On those we crack out the slip n slide since it's easier/safer for me to manage the kiddos by myself. Besides, our pool is way too cold unless it's above 100 out.
Cash started school on Thursday, the second week of August. That whole week before we celebrated the end of "freedom" with a great last hurrah. This picture is from the train at Howarth park. We also rode the carousel and played at the park and splash pad. Grant and family were visiting so we spent a great deal of time with them too and loved every minute of it.
First day of school! While T-K last year was rough, I'm glad we did it. I think it made the transition for this year worlds easier. He's like an old pro and we are really grateful he got the teacher who is returning from the previous year rather than one of the new ones who is still trying to figure things out. We just had back to school night and I came away feeling good about it. He's got new friends and things are going well. I'm learning more French and we're all trying to incorporate it more daily and encourage him to use it more at school.
PHERSON! He's got two more teeth- two on the bottom and two on the top. He also has another coming in next to the ones on the top. I took my time transitioning him to "real" or chunky food. It's going great and I feel like he's really starting to want to eat more like us grown ups. He's crawling to fast now- Honey says he reminds him of Ben with the way he crawls. He's on his elbows but when he gets hauling he reminds you of a lizard. He's pulling himself up to standing and, because he's so tall, he can reach a great deal- much to our chagrin. He's also quite proud of himself for climbing stairs. He can go all the way to the top with ease and, if I'm not careful, I often find him on the fourth before I can stop him or stay behind him just in case. Now to learn how to come down them safely....
After crawling for a bit he will inevitably pull up into the super model position. People remark on it constantly- not sure why. He'll hang out here until he's figured out his next move.
It's true what they say though- most people feel he looks like the happy medium of the other two. Cash's body and Tupps facial features. Each little one is so fascinating!
I don't frequently tandem carry, or do it for long periods (oddly, the strain is on my hips rather than my back) but Cash's school pick up time always falls during nap time for these two. And everyone feels better, cries less, is quieter when mamma carries them.
I"ve found a new photo editor for my phone. As much as I would like a real camera, the reality is my phone is best for the day to day stuff because it's not so bulky. While Cash is in school we can sneak visits in to the park now and again. She has come to love swings and both the kids are into Peter Pan right now. She's usually Wendy or Peter Pan. Almost never Tinkerbell, which is a mystery to me....
I performed at the Pleasanton Games this year. I haven't been in at least two seasons between being pregnant with Pherse last year and then a wedding the year before that. We did a dance called The Triskele (here's the kicker- it's pronounced triskelion. Go figure). We had so much fun as a family spending time watching the athletics, the bands, the dancing. I found what I want for a bumper sticker. :)
I had a kilt for Tupp and Pherson, but Cash had outgrown everything so I found a tutorial for a simple kilt and thought I'd whip one out. Let's just say that the impatience got the better of me and the pleating wasnt' enough.
Luckily, when we stopped by the MacLean tent so Clay could get some shwag, they had a used out fit for sale. Peasant top, belt, sporran, hose, kilt and one garter (I need to make another) for $50. Now that right there is a screaming deal. And it'll fit him til he's about ten.
So now we're just waiting for apple season to hit. Hoping to can some apple sauce later this month. My garden flopped this year, though the strawberries hold promise for next season. Onions and asparagus are still growing, but all my squash died, cilantro died.... Ah well.
In the meantime I've been trying to put my house together after several years of neglect and just trying to keep the everyday things going (cleaning). I started with the kids room and today I finished up mine. I have some more projects for the living and dining rooms, but the majority of what is left is organization/filing and the office.
Kisses for all!
No comments:
Post a Comment