I really need to start doing this more often so that when I do it it's not such a huge production.
So this last weekend was the St. Patrick's day parade and the Rocky Mountain Oyster Festival (fondly called the Testicle Festival). We visited a museum, went to the park, hit some stuff around town and visited Clay in the booth for his restaurant.
They even gave the kids St. Paddy's stuff at church today.
On Friday we celebrated pi day with the making of custard pie. Not my finest hour, but edible enough with a topping of syrup. I know, sad.
I've been taking lots of photos, as I'm sure you've noticed, lately. This was today's Photo a day: beauty in the everyday (or something along those lines). Cash was noticing our next door neighbors blooming tree and said,"it's not fair they get to eat all the popcorn." And here I thought he knew they were flowers!
Tuppy made her own peanut butter and jelly sandwich. She was so proud. She did it because Cash made his own, and Cash made his own because I refused to make his lunch after he complained about how awful the food that I make is.
We scattered some wild seeds out on our front dirt patch. Cash helped with that and the watering.
Pherson's first corn on the cob. Why do kids like corn better when it's on the cob?
So we visited Sonoma County for Clay's birthday weekend. We tried to fit in as many people as possible!
I confess I miss the greenery....
Made a pitstop in Auburn. I find that the max we can go is two hours and then we need some sort of half hour stop to stretch the legs and what not.
One weekend we took a driving trip through Genoa and toward Topaz lake. We played in the river, built up dams and skipped rocks.
Like always, we do a lot of dress up. Even Pherson participates now. Tupp's favorite is to be Elsa from Frozen, but she plays the field.
Panning for gemstones or rocks or something. The kids have started collecting rocks. I have a whole pile when you first come in the door. Pretty soon it's going to disappear- I plan on sending them back to their native habitat.
Okay, the wind here is unbelievable! Seriously. There is no way to accurately convey the degree of windiness.
The local pony that doesn't work but we pretend to ride anyhow.
Rainy day puppet making and shows.
Isaac's 12th Birth Day
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment