Cash is now a cub scout and boy howdy is he thrilled. He already has a backpack ready to go in case they ask him to go camping. What a cute, silly, happy boy.
I haven't double carried in about two years. I used to do it all the time when I had Tupp and Pherson fall asleep during pick-up for Cash at the French charter school. We were out running errands just before Halloween and Pherson fell asleep and Nut was asleep so I loaded them both up so we could get our shopping at Walmart done. Man alive is Pherson heavy! He's got so much muscle to him- not the skin and bones that Cash and Tupp are. Some lady at the store was cute and wondered where my husband was to help me out. He was in Reno earning money for the family. He's been trying to figure out ways to pick up more work and discovered Uber. He's only done it for three nights now, but made several hundred dollars. He's so good at just about everything he puts his mind to.
For our Nevada day celebration we took breakfast out to a local pond in Dayton and went fishing. It was gloriously relaxing. For the last two years we've done the parade in Carson but I'm so glad we didn't this year. Then we came home and relaxed before heading out to trick-or-treat up town. It was super busy this year- probably because the weather was so nice. The last couple of years it's been super windy, cold and even raining.
But the nice weather didn't last for much longer. It started snowing once November started. It hasn't stuck too much until this Thanksgiving weekend.
Pherson tried to clean the snow off my car with a hammer. Luckily no damage was done. Sometimes they're just too helpful- like when he added an entire jar of ginger to my pumpkin pie....
Our thankful tree- a November tradition. In fact, we just took it down today to make way for our advent tree.
Ahh, miss blue eyes. Her little head is fuzzy like baby bird fluff. She can almost roll over but her arm gets in the way. She's holding her head up really well though and sleeping 6.5 hours straight regularly now. We even have a bit of a rhythm going. Love having conversations with my little Missy Moo.
She loves sucking on her hand. She's probably my kid that would actually go for a pacifier (Tupp and Pherson refused), but I think her hands will do.
Started cleaning and organizing our basement this weekend. Getting rid of all the magazines from the failed business Clay worked for earlier this year. We have bags and bags of stuff to donate, paper to burn, well you get the drift. It always feels good to purge.
After cropping out my legs I decided I like this picture. Thanks for the idea Jen! :)
I'm almost entirely done with presents. I made the barbie doll dresses for Tupp's birthday, I have a doll house out of cardboard left for her for Christmas. Pherson is getting a car storage thing made out of fabric so he can bring cars with him wherever he goes and a rocker board and Cash is getting the checkers set and probably a book. I'm making one of these for Nut (though this one in particular is for her cousin) along with a Waldorf doll. All other presents are complete! Except Clay. It's so hard to figure presents out for him.
The train running the Polar Express.
Horses just owning the road- the truck route highway actually.
For Pherson's birthday I actually bought him a present. I fell in love with these and he can wear them as long johns under his clothes for playing in the snow, but more importantly I bought him snow boots because he's well out of his size 7's from last season. I bought 10's hoping they'll last him. He still wears the same size as Tuppy, but I have a feeling it won't be much longer before he passes her.
Help! I'm stuck! Poor girl. Need to get a snow jacket so she won't have to wear so many layers, including a size 2 rain jacket. They grow through stuff so fast... I hear there's a snow clothing exchange at the end of each season though so I need to look into that for the inevitable next year.
Our totally politically incorrect reenactment of the Pilgrims and Native Americans. Cash was the Pilgrim but refused to be photographed (even though he got all dressed up and everything to go with his cardboard hat).
Pherson also has no mittens that fit him. St. Nicholas is coming at the end of this week so I got some fleece as the black Friday sale at Joanne's and made mittens for everyone. I was wondering if that was really the best thing to do since you can get mittens for $1 at Walmart, but these cost me only 33 cents plus slave labor so I'd say I'm winning. Plus they're super cute and go up higher to keep the snow out better.
More Miss Moo. She even made a Yoda ear.
We had a great Thanksgiving. We were originally thinking to go to Utah to hang with the Dunfords but I'm glad we changed our minds. It snowed- and more than we were expecting. We weren't sure if my folks were going to make it, but it cleared just long enough for them to get here and get stuck until mid Friday. We had a good time visiting with them and spending time with the Ross family whom we love dearly. So grateful for family, friends who are family and this great place we are happy to call home. We are looking forward to the Christmas season- this week we're hoping to tour The Generator (you can borrow all sorts of tools to make things), see the Peanutcracker and put on our ward Christmas party to kick off the season. After that it's mostly well baby/kid check-ups and fun seasonal stuff around the house before we travel back to California. Crossing our fingers everyone stays well so we can enjoy the holidays. Wishing the same for all of you!
Love!!





No comments:
Post a Comment