"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, July 27, 2007

Had a wonderful day!

Not to say that most of my days aren't good; on average I would say they're just dandy. But today was a great day. After our doctors appointment Clay and I headed out to St. Helena to tour the hospital. For those of you who don't know we have been on the hunt for something better than the Santa Rosa hospitals can offer. And I do believe we've found it! I'm actually excited. There are breathe taking views from the hospital room windows of the scenic Napa valley- vineyards and all. The staff is very nice and have such a relaxing and family oriented atmosphere- not the almost assembly line feeling you get in Santa Rosa. Afterward we had lunch and then Clay surprised me for my birthday with a tour of St. Helena's very own castle. Really, it's a castle. The owner of Sattui Winery spent 14 years and 30 some odd millions of dollars to build this authentic Italian style castle. The stone and woodwork was all done by hand. Very neat. Finally, we went with family to dinner at Ravenous where we got free dessert (let's just say I was displeased with the service and bound and determined to get my money's worth). Tonight we're going dancing and my birthday celebrations will be complete. Aaahhh.... the good life. Oh, and as an update for the last post, the grandmother shower will be on Saturday, August 18th at Ellington Hall from 9:30-11:30pm. For those of you who care. We'll be sending out invitations this next week. Anyhoo, off to enjoy the evening, hope you all do to.

No comments:

Blog Archive