"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Almost Miserable

but not quite. Although, that's speaking for myself. Cash and Clay might say differently.
Yes, we have finally sucumbed to the dreaded cold that's been going around. Cash and I have had it coming on for about a week now, kept at bay by better eating and taking vitamin C and multi-vitamins. Clay on the other hand got it all in one fell swoop on New Years Eve while we were at David and Cirkl's New Years Eve/Anniversary party (which was tons of fun and we enjoy it every year). They were so sweet to let us commandeer their spare bedroom for Mister Cash, and then in the end let us stay over while Clay slept off the cold and effects of the Nyquil. Cash was so good all night; what a socializer. While there we got to see Chet and Haley from last year and their new little one Autumn who was born only a little over a week after Cash. Babies babies everywhere! We love it; it means he'll have more friends when he gets old enough to actually play with them. We all went out to breakfast/lunch the next day and then Clay and I visited at the Brady's (both Kyle and Ryan have been married this last year; an exciting 2007) ending up at home and taking a nap in an effort to further recover. We were going to go dancing but obviously that didn't pan out. Instead we watched a movie after we woke up around 10pm and then back to sleep. Luckily we don't have any plans for today. And poor Cash is getting tired of me sucking out his nose. It's really a shame they can't blow their nose. A mother's lament...
David took this picture for us. He says he should be a photographer and I agree :) It could be wishful thinking, but I think Cash's hair is looking reddish. Ho hum...

2 comments:

mb said...

Look how pretty you all are! Clay is looking like a daddy. He has that certain "daddy look" that you get when you become a daddy. ( I think its from lack of sleep.) :)
Malinda

Trisha said...

oh! Redish hair! I long for the days...Corban's hair had a redish tint sometimes when he was a baby and I held my breath--but it's turned super blond now. I had a dream about him before he was born in which he was in his early thirties and had auburn hair...so who knows?

Blog Archive