"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sickies

So just when we thought we were done with this cold (or at least that it couldn't get any worse) it comes back with a vengence. Clay seems to be mostly over it but as of last night, Cash and I are just starting in on the worst. I feel horrid, so I can only imagine he's the same since he has similar symptoms. He gives me the look of "can't you make this stop?" when he's coughing and choking. Arg....
We are back into the swing of things this month; we teach swing dance on Tuesday and Wednesday, I have Scottish on Thursday, we help out at Ellington Hall on Friday's and then this Friday we are setting up for our Wedding Expo which is this Saturday. I think we have the most vendors ever and hope that the number of brides that turn out is as good as in the past. Wish us luck.
I decided to redecorate our blog. The title picture is from our last trip to Quebec, up in the Saguenay region. We look forward to taking Cash back for a trip to see all of Clay's friends one of these days.
Other than being sick with this miserable cold, Cash is doing quite well. He's reaching and (attempting to) grabbing things more. Of course they all try and go into his mouth. When in the car he loves his jiggle lion (thanks Jen!); especially trying to eat it. He's getting more rolls, which makes him more difficult to clean and dry for bath time. He's nearly sitting up and he stands up (balance still required though). The other day he was pushing up his butt like the beginning of a crawl, but that's still in the works. This is the best he's ever done at holding his rattle and trying to eat it. We just think he's marvelous, but then you already knew that.


I like this outfit a lot but Clay says he looks like a hospital patient from days of yore. I swear that just last week it was too big for him. With our scientific weighing method we think he's at 14.5 pounds. We go to the doctor's again on February 19th so we'll have to wait until then for accuracy.

No comments:

Blog Archive