Yeah, normally I'm really good about keeping up on my blog, but as you can tell "stuff" came up. I can't do a full update right at the moment as Clay absconded with the camera (and thus all the photos). So, as the title suggests, this will have to tide you over.
Some of the reasons this has taken so long to be posted:
1. We were out of town for Aeva's baptism (photos to come)
2. Upon arriving home we promptly moved my computer into the living room (which we've been intending to do since we bought our TV, mentioned in a previous post). At said location it didn't have access to internet. We were motivated to make the move because we bought a new computer for the company (along with an HD video camera) as part of our updating process. That computer just arrived yesterday. I now have internet and wouldn't you know- Clay and the camera take off.
3. Our Wedding Expo was this last weekend. I hear it went fabulously but was unable to "enjoy" it myself as I was filming it and the workers for both a promotional video and training tape. So much for ramping up the video department this year, eh? Back to relying on the DJ's to sell me. It's a good thing they're good at that.
4. Okay, this is the part where you're all going to laugh at me. I'll give you the whole story so you won't gufaw too hard. So when I was singing it the Christmas choir this year a girl came in with this bag that said "OCD: Obsesive Cullen Disorder" on it. Instant curiosity? You betcha. Turns out there's this whole book series with a main character who's last name is Cullen. I admit to being a little sheltered, but I wouldn't trade it just to have the cable. So for those of you, like me, who are finding out about Twilight a little belatedly- it's not as good as everyone else is saying. Not even remotely actually. The basic premise of the book series is interesting, and a lot of the characters are enjoyable enough, but one can't help absolutely loathing the main female character (which was not the author's intention). And the amount of teenage angst, melodrama, and sappy love scenes are not for the faint of stomache. I am gladly through with the series and then (again for curiosity's sake) I proceeded to drag Clay to the movie version of Twilight. I am eternally grateful we happened to go on a Tuesday (the cheap day) and got in for only $5. It's one of those movies one expects to see on Mystery Science Theater 2000 with the little robots that sit in the corner making jabs at the poor acting, lamo special effects, horrible music, pathetic costumes, etc. I kid you not- the audience was full on laughing during the movie and the scenes were not intended to be funny. So, again, for those of you who haven't experienced the teenage movement that is Twilight, you're not missing a thing. Unless, of course, you enjoy a good laugh.
Right now Cash has a cold so he's not getting too much in the way of sleep- I think he's woken up once every hour for the last couple of nights. Which means of course that we're not getting much sleep. We started his second season of Music Together and so far enjoy it. We decided not to go today since he has a cold and one of the kids in the class has a bad case of croup and therefore can't afford to be sick. I'm just editing my last wedding and getting my house put back together- the Expo always does that (turns my house into absolute chaos). Hoping you are all staying healthy and we promise there will be more to come about our New Years Eve, visit with the Lindsay's, etc.
Isaac's 12th Birth Day
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment