"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Ending of Christmas



After Cash woke up from his nap he opened a couple of presents here at our house. We had gotten him some board books from Costco (Hop on Pop; Hands, Fingers, Thumbs; Eyes; Summertime) and Auntie Jess (Maria) got him a musical animal train.
Unfortunately, by the time we got to opening that present he was not in the mood to open any more presents and we had to bribe him into doing so by tucking Clay's cell phone inside the wrapping.
Then we headed over to Grandma and Pop Pop's house.
We had a scrumptious dinner and Cash actually ate some soup (yeah)! Cash got some very cool presents from the grandparents and JP. We had fun taking family photos (lots of antics).





I have to explain the one with me in mid-bound: I had set the timer but accidentally knocked the camera so had to run back and straighten it while it was still ticking. I tried desperately to get into position before it went off, but obviously didn't quite make it.
Then JP fattened us up with the best dessert ever- chocolate lasagna. So bad, but oh so good... followed by a thrilling magic show in which I nearly ruined a trick with my inability to recognize my own card. I'm deplorable! Cash had his eye on JP's briefcase of tricks. The ending was fantastic with a card signed by the group winding up on the ceiling. Amazing!

Christmas comes and goes so quickly and before you know it 2008 will be over. Only one more week and 2009 will be upon us. Who knows what the coming year will bring, but we hope it will be full of joy for you and yours as well as ours! Loves to you all!

No comments:

Blog Archive