"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Week in Review


In spite of being very busy I don't have too much to mention. Most of it would be complaining and you all don't really want to hear that.
Some stuff that's been going on include:

Me joining Facebook. Clay has been trying to get me to do this for a while but truly I haven't been interested. I'm still not that into it simply because it doesn't quite fit my social or personality style, but it's neat to see what's going on with people from high school and my college years. It's difficult to not see it as yet another drain on my time and energy.

I've been in the process of hiring assistant videographers for this and future wedding seasons. I hate doing interviews and I'm terrible at it. I almost prefer doing them from a prospective employee position. I'm not really boss material. And while I've had some doozies apply there have also been quite a few wonderful and talented people that now I have to narrow down. It probably doesn't help having low self esteem about what I do for a living.

I finally finished Brisingr, only to find out that the end is not really the end; the author has changed the series from a trilogy into a cycle- which means at least one more book. And it probably won't be out for another three years. Drat. But it's good to be done with the reading; when I get hooked I reallly get hooked and with being as busy as I've been it means I can't read during normal hours. Thus I eat with my nose in a book, Clay drives me around while I have my nose in a book, and Cash throws things at me while I have my nose in a book. Finally I'm back to the real world.

Cash is truly a toddler. He's starting to thicken up and get more muscular- not quite the bird legs he was before. And he's really getting into the terrible two's attitude lately. He spits out his food primarily as a form of defiance rather than actually not liking the food, he throws himself on the floor, but before he resorts to those measures he throws things at and hits you first. And when I say "you" I don't necessarily mean the person who caused the chilish angst, but the nearest warm body he can attempt to punish. Part of his frustration is from not getting his way and part from not being understood as he still refuses to use his words. He talks plenty, just in his own made-up Cash language. As evidenced by his long winded conversations with imaginary friends on the other end of the phone.


I finally pinned Cash down yesterday and discovered he has 13 teeth- several molars. You should have seen the amount of drool he produced during the week he cut most of those. Talk about bucket brigade.
And he's still fascinated with walking around in other people's shoes. He tends to do it more with mine because he can actually keep them on while he walks, but he'll try on just about any pair- including the shoes of kids at our music class.
Speaking of Music Together- Cash is loving it. His dancing is really progressing- he turns and dips and stomps and bends down and pushes back and forth. I was leading him into jitterbug yesterday and he did marvelously. He gets all excited to play the musical instruments and still does the arm motions for "Wheels on the Bus" now and again.
I remain constantly amazed at his ever expanding abilities. I do, however, forget how advanced he is until someone calls it to my attention simply because what he does seems normal to me. I don't know if I mentioned it but he can open doors with the lever handles. He has the advantage of being taller than most of the kids his age. All his little shorter friends like to hang out with him just so they can get into places they otherwise wouldn't be able to reach. Or I imagine so...

I think that's about it for the week. Minus my incessant complaining of course...

No comments:

Blog Archive