"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Monstrously monstrous update


It's been pretty crazy around here. But a good kind of crazy.
The Lindsay family came to visit. We had a great time seeing them all- Elsa is even cuter in person (if that's even possible since she's a doll in her photos) and rolling all around. Myles and Cash got along well together and loved each others company (in spite of Cash being a bully on their first day together) and I don't think any of us can believe how grown up the girls are getting to be.


My dear friend Cazra is moving to Idaho later this month. She's been down sizing and I've been benefiting from it. I love her taste and so bought her bed and sold ours to Cammie. I love it- it makes the room feel bigger both in height and in general. There's actually more storage underneath it as well, and it fits better with my decor. My bedroom is finally worthy of the word "haven" like they use on all those home and garden shows.

Another acquisition from Cazra was a loom knitting book and some non round knitting looms. I've learned a lot and on my maiden voyage of discovery knitted this hat with earflaps for Cash. Let's just say he's growing to love it. I already do. I'm thinking of knitting one for myself. But there are directions to make socks, mock cable knit stuff, everything! If only I had endless amounts of time to devote to it. Ah well.... Now you won't all just get scarves for Christmas.


After Pleasanton we prepared for the Sebastopol Celtic Festival. Proof I was there...




The ground was super slippery- if you watch close you can see me slip at the end :)




On Tuesday Honor and Grant arrived. It came in conjunction with the change of date for Cammie and JP's wedding. The boys get along swimmingly and have gotten to spend a lot of time together.

On Friday we all headed to Oakland for Cammie and JP's sealing. It was beautiful and I almost got away without crying, but alas, I'm me and cried at the end. I had a fabulous time playing photographer and Honor fixed up my work to make it look decent. I had Clay take video too and hope to use it for their photo montage that I'm making for the recption.



The end of our whirlwind weekend was working a wedding on Saturday and fiddling with my computer all morning to listen to General Conference after which I gave up and we headed over to Gigi (Jeannie's knew name instead of Grandma) and Pop Pop's house. Monday is coming too fast with more things to do this week, but in the meantime I'm enjoying the little things. Like this cooler weather- fall is definitely here.

No comments:

Blog Archive