"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving holiday weekend

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

We hope it was lovely for you- full of good company and yummy food. Ours was fantastic- full of family (my parents, Clay's parents, Cammie & JP and JP's parents) and delicious food (my personal favorite being the cornbread stuffing). Afterward we played a rousing game of "Apples to Apples." And can I just say that Jeannie is a kick in the pants when it comes to playing games?
My assignment was pumpkin pie. I made it from scratch with the sugar pie pumpkins that we grew in our own backyard. It rocked, if I do say so myself.

The process was delayed a bit since the ants decided to attack that morning-
and I had to clean out the pantry and bag everything that was vulnerable.
Friday I got up early and hitched a ride with Oma and Opa. I got a guitar for Cash for Christmas for $15. And then I went to Joanns fabric store and made out like a bandit. I'm making most of the Christmas presents this year since we're low on moolah. I'm just so impressed with my new found ability to sew. More on that later...
Saturday we headed down to Oakland and did a session at the temple before the lighting. Our bishop had made spaghetti for our ward so we had that and then Oma and Opa brought Cash down so we could all enjoy the lights together.




The best part was Cash happened to say,"ready, set.... go!" at the perfect time- because just then the lights flipped on.
It's amazing the things he's saying nowadays. He was saying "big ol' temple" and Clay taught him "prosalatizing" for the sister missionaries. I'll post some of his adventures in talking soon.


Like I said, I've been sewing (and knitting) up a storm. As for trying stuff on... Cash is my only model.





But I'm quite excited. I have two more hats to go and and one more knitting project to complete. And then I'll be ready for Christmas. But first- decorating.
Wishing you all a joyous season.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I love your hats Cullen! They are awesome you should go into business!

Blog Archive