Halloween was a two day event this year. The preparation began Thursday with me attempting to make a double batch of my Nana's 7 layer jello in Halloween colors (green, purple, orange and black). I began at 2pm and ended around midnight and my black layer turned out purple, even after adding a lot of food coloring. But it came out edible and while I didn't win any prizes for it I had someone single me out with praise and everyone was awed by the layered effect.
All of this jello making was for our ward Trunk-or-Treat. I ran out of time on Friday since I had a video shoot in Sonoma for The Girl and The Fig restaurant most of the day. Thus Cash wore his skeleton pajamas,

I wore my witchy tights and Clay wore a cowboy hat. That was the extent of our costumes this year for the most part. Then today our friends Ryan, Holly and Pearl (who we generally see bi-annually totally by accident) invited us to go to downtown Petaluma and trick or treat the businesses. Again, with little thought I threw together a train outfit for Cash, primarily using his car as a prop. It looks even better at night when you can see the light in full effect.


Afterward we had In and Out for dinner, Sift cupcakes for dessert (since we didn't actually collect candy) and carved jackolanterns at the Smith's house. We trick or treated their neighbors with Pearl and then stopped by Maria's (aka: Auntie Jess') to show her the train/car. We ended the evening with a bit of Ratatouille (Cash's latest favorite) before heading off for bed.
Here are some of the pictures from our Train Town adventures.




No comments:
Post a Comment