"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 16, 2009

Winter weather

You never would have known it was November that first week or so- it was nearly eighty degrees! But now we're in the thick of it with freezing temperatures at night and we're wearing sweaters all day long now. We've been bike riding to the Morrison's and then walking to the park and I have to make sure I bundle Cash up to protect him from the wind chill.
I planted my winter garden just in time- the seeds have sprouted and we now have 15 peas, 10 lettuces, innumerable carrots, perhaps a broccoli (I hope it's not just a pretty weed) and two winter squash (what they are going to be exactly is a surprise since it was a packet of various types).
I've been busy with sewing, knitting and learning how to crochet. Expect most, if not all, Christmas presents to be handmade this year.
My crowning glory in teaching myself to sew is this latest creation: a pageboy hat for Cash. Yeah for me! And he'll even wear it for short periods of time :) It's a bit big on him yet, but I figured it was best to have some room to grow into.



Isn't it nice that winter weather makes you want to craft and sew?
I can't believe how fast this month is going by. We have our first dress rehearsal next week for the Creche (nativity) Festival. And before you know it we'll be performing!
Wishing you all warmth during these chilly days...

No comments:

Blog Archive