"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 19, 2012

More October & early November pictures

A picture is worth a thousand memories. Sometimes I can't remember all that goes on in our lives until I see the pictures I took of it. Thank heavens for photos!
Tupp has entered the phase of dressing herself. She loves to pick out her own clothes. Lately it's dresses. She puts them on and then dances around like a princess. That or she likes to be naked.

She's expressed an interest in wearing undies lately. Unfortunately this has not encouraged her to use the potty but at least today she didn't have any accidents. Maybe it's because she likes to wear them as hats as well....

 Here she is pretending to surf...
 So for Cash's birthday I wanted to do something special since we couldn't have a party what with him being sick and all. So I put these balloons over his door with a string attached for him to pull. Apparently I didn't use good tape because by the time Clay got home in the middle of the night the whole thing had already fallen down. The kids enjoyed the balloons nonetheless.
 Pumpkin patch photos from our phone...

 Thankfully Cash was well enough for Halloween so I decided to go all out for him. He wanted to be Optimus Prime from the Transformers. I couldn't bring myself to pay $20 for the cheapo store costume, so I decided to make the body of the costume and buy a better mask that he could use long term for dress up. Unfortunately they'd sold out on all the $10 masks at Walmart so all they had left was the super duper model with voice modulation and recorded sayings. It was on mark down for $20.  Cash really wanted it so I agreed to get it as his birthday present. I still had to make a felt version for school since there was no way he was taking the expensive mask there.


Clay and cash did such a good job on our pumpkin this year. I think it's the best one we've had in forever. Cash picked out the design and Clay said he hasn't worked so hard on a pumpkin since he was a kid.

 Speaking of school, Cash came home one day and I noticed something was different about his hair. At first I thought it was just doing some quirky Mitchell thing, but then I realized some of it was actually shorter. Now, I'm not the worlds best hair cutter, but I'm not that bad. At first he wouldn't admit to cutting it, but then when he realized I thought it was hysterically funny and wouldn't be mad he admitted he'd cut it during one of his arts and crafts projects at school. Apparently no one caught him in the act either. Funny boy.

We took Cash to Chevy's as a belated birthday dinner. He was worried they'd run out of sombreros, but of course they didn't. I think people come there in large part for the birthday extravaganza. There were probably at least five other birthdays that night.

 Pizza party and dancing to Gangan Style for his belated birthday bash.
 Cash finally had his first homework. The projects was to make something that embodied Thanksgiving, but it had to incorporate something shiny, something recyclable, three leaves of three different colors, a square, a circle and a triangle. And they also had to write Joyoux Thanksgiving and their name on it. This is Cash's tree and house with all the autumn leaves. I think his may have been the only one that the child did entirely by themselves. Don't get me wrong, I helped with actually affixing structures, but he chose where everything went and decorated it all himself. I'm proud of him for that and would rather that than some whose look like a perfect turkey or whatever. That way he's more invested in the project and really owns it.
 And to leave you with a smile... I was going through old clothes to find the neutral newborn ones and Tupp pulled out a pair of Cash's old pj's. So now we have matching spidey friends. They run around the house playing spiderman together and Tupp has copied the sounds Cash makes when he pretends to shoot webs. Behind them you can see our thankful tree. It's been a fun project and a real stretch for them to come up with something different everyday. It's also neat to see the things that they are grateful for since I try not to give them too much guidance.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Blog Archive