I was given the idea to do a peg people nativity just before our Christmas party. It was nativity themed and they were worried we wouldn't have enough nativities donated for deoration so I made one up just in caseand then gave to it my friend and YW president. But it also gave me the idea of doing a mini nativity set of just Mary, Joseph and Jesus. I asked for some artisitic input on Facebook and was surprosed to get a lot of requests to purchase it. So now I'm in the business of peg people nativities. I'm making ten this month and we'll see where it goes from there.
We have had a great month. We've been healthy (I've been a bit of a Nazi about hand washing and good hygiene in an effort to keep Hazel healthy). Even though we've been low on funds there has been plenty of magic to make up for it. Although, luckily at this age and because my kids aren't accustomed to grand spending anyway, they are easily pleased. We had elves that delivered surprises for the twelve days before Christmas and culminated in a special at home visit from Santy Claus (as Pherson calls him). I made Miss Nut striped leggings and warm booties and a dolly for her present.
For Cash I made a checkerboard and got him the first How To Train Your Dragon book. Tupp got a cardboard doll house and the spinniest dress ever. Pherson is still a little scared of his rocker board, but Cash keeps trying to demonstrate for him. We opened our presents early because we had to drive to California just before Christmas Eve. It was a short trip- only three days, so we could be back for Clay's work on Monday, but it was nice to see family we haven't seen in nearly a year. The kids were especially happy to see Auntie Jess, who was so sweet and throughtful as always.
Clay's most memorable present care of Britt.
The instant we got home all of the rice bags Cammie made us went into the microwave and have been used regularlly since due to the freezing weather we've been having. Pherson even discovered they pair wel with a leotard.
I wasn't kidding when I said freezing weather. But it's beautiful in short outside venturing and the warmth of the blankets inside my house.
Clay has been driving for Uber and Lyft. It has been a real boon to our family income and he throughly enjoys it- and I enjoy al the stories he shares with me.
We did the Peanut Cracker again. I seriously think this is the best thing ever. Pherson loved it so much he kept poppping up to the front of the stage. I love that it's so accessable for the little ones. Cash and Tupp both want to do ballet now and for the entire month afterward all three of the kids have been reinacting it- Pherson pretends he's the nutcracker and jumps and pretends to get killed or wounded.
This was our first year making it to the paraade of lights uptown. Stinky and Bernadine dressed up in santa outfits. The trick is our neighbor who is a carpenter and the last one is of the 4-H Comstock Club that the kids are a part of (they meet every Friday).
We came home afterward and hot hot wassail.
Well the YW presidencey survived putting on the Ward Christmas party. Although, I don't think we ever want to do it again. I need to download the footage of the primary kids sincging during the program-it turned out l lovely.
She rolls! She started rolling from back to front at 3.5 months and now has front to back under her belt . Lately she's been taking a break, kind of like Pherson did, but she'll be back at it soon.
I had to make two new stockings this year. Phersons was super teeny and I had made it right after he was born with mommy breain so it was with an F on it instead of a P.
We have cracked out the record player and the kids are in love. In fact, today we're going to a vinyl store to see what we can find since I only own two records and they are both swing music.
This year I was not very ambitious so we did gingerbread houses out of graham crackers. Next yearmaybe I'll be up for the whole she-bang with my cookie cutters and everything.
Snow! We had some before Christmas and we continue to have some. The kids love the sledding down our own street and in our own yeard.
Christmas morning baby:
We alsmost didn't havea Christmas tree this year- Pherson kept taking the ornaments off and even broke one. So we made salt doughornaments and he was happy to take those off and break themwith no interference fromme.
While we ate lunch the kids set her upwith a freind.
Virginia City has this left over thing they do from the Great Depression. They provide a present for every registeredchild in the county. Cash got a new magic set ,Pherson got pull back soft cars and tupp got a big art bucket and has beeen creating art (and a mess) to her hearts content.
We took December off of school almost entirely but are back with a vengence in January. He's really getting his times tables thanks to an artsy Waldorf trick, and his recorder, knitting and dancing are improving quickly. He's started readyRunaway Ralph by Beverly Cleary and loving it.
Miss Hazel wearing one of Oma's old dresses.
Pherson helping us chug quickly home from California. Our car has been needing work. We got the breaks done before we left, as well as an oil change. We got the wheel bearings done after returning home but still have struts to go, and the transmission crack is an ongoing issue. Sometimes I hate cars.
Pherson reinacting the nutcracker in Tuppy's new leotard.
I had forgotten to post this one earlier,I think. Man that was such a great weekend.
Playing Titanic. The kids have recently discovered how fun it is to play with the beench and chairs.
Oh my little Nut. She's so fun and sweet and the most easy going baby ever. Just happy to have someone to chat with.She spends all of church with the Fowler family- mostly Kayleigh. She's sleeping about six hours straight, but after that it's iffy. Her naps have not been going well lately, but I find that it's usualy because a growing moment is around the corner. The kds love her so, so much. I am grateful she came to us, even though I wasn't sure we were ready for her.
I have so manygoals this year. Yes I wasn tot get back in shape- mostly fix my torn abdominal muscles. WE have family goals of better regularity of FHE, scripture reading and prayer. I am planning on reading more, improving my sewing, knitting and crocheting skills.It willl be an interesting year and I'm so excited to see us grow and learn. I'm truly loving the homeschool process more and more. Before I thought maybe I'd just do it for their first couple of years so that it wasn't overly academic and they could retian moreof a childhood, but now I'mnot so sure.
Wishing you all a wonderful year in this crazy 2016!
Much love from all the Mitchells to all of you!









No comments:
Post a Comment