"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Starting 2016 off right

SNOW. We've had a lot of snow. Well, a lot compared to years past it seems. But in the grand scheme of things not a whole lot. Most of the time it melts away pretty quick, like it did this last week. But we did have a week where the temperatures dropped so it stuck around for a while. That's always nice so the kids can play in it but the roads are cleared. Now that the weather has been warmer during the day (40's) we have been able to go on walks again.


OOh,  you know. Just the usual.
AAnd dance parties with Clay's new light ball that he got to use in his Uber and Lyft driving.

I rearranged my dining room after we had our jewelry party (which was great). I'll post pictures of my stuff when I get it- I'm so excited. I love that you can personalize it and the vintage feel to it.

The kids are enthralled with the record player.  I only had two swing ones from Life maagazine so we stopped by a local vinyl shop and nabbed these and have been having a grand old time. Our favorite is Peter Pan. But to stay politically correct I've told them they can't sing the Indian song in public.

The kids always want to help me with my peg dolls. I let them when I can, but have to keep them away from the nativiteis I have been making. I've already sold 7, I'm keeping 1 and just two more left on the market. Not bad for 48 hours after advertising.

So this is the jewelry. I'll never do another party again probably, but I love what I got and it's such an indulgence that I rarely get. Yay for me.
As I'm writing this it's almost Valentines day. Hopefully I'll update faaster in the future. It's just been hard to find any down or me time within the last two weeks. Just the time and season of  life right now. I wouldn't trade it though. Loves!

No comments:

Blog Archive