I hope I remember everything- I didn't take tons of pictures, and may have lost a few as my cell phone's battery died and had to get a new phone (technically Clay's old one). We had a great visit with our friends the Turnes family. I even wore something other than yoga pants. I attempted to make two quilts for Project Mother of an Angel Baby. The one above is the one with the most mistakes in it, so it hasn't left the house. The other one trekked up north where Jen replaced my horrid binding.
I really enjoyed Easter this year. I felt like our week long celebration really gave it the meaning it deserved and it was nice to not have to travel. We followed what Jesus did each day the week before his death and included things like dying Easter eggs and our friends invited us to Silver City for the town potluck and egg hunt.
His fling is looking fancy and he's got the first step of the sword under his belt. He even learned the second step at the workshop with Fred Demarse that we went too, but I don't know that he remembers it so much. I'm hoping to start teaching a summer highland class at Saint Mary's Art center now that they have a director that wants that kind of stuff.
We were good about learning the Uke for about a week. Our focus has been on the recorder, which is coming along very well. Being this is the final month of new material I've been evaluating our progress and planning for the upcoming school year and curriculum. We're ahead in some things and on point with others. I've decided not to pursue putting anyone in school yet- still enjoying what we're doing and succeeding well enough. We are bummed though that Cash's best friend and his family will be going on a year long road trip probably come fall. We're all super bummed about that.
We did a low key St. Patrick's day this year. It just happens that way some times when you're juggling wee ones and naps and such. Normally I make an authentic meal, but we opted for shamrock shaped raviolis and stuff. Next year we'll get back to the Irish soda bread experience.
Speaking of bread, I've been trying to eat very little of it. And no more desserts either. It's not as hard as I though it would be, but there are many opportunities where I see it's hard to say no. Despite that, I'm down ten pounds in two weeks. Only three to go and I'll be at my pre Noisette weight. I'm hoping to keep going and loose another seventeen pounds after that. But I want to be able to keep it off and live a normal life- I could never be a gluten free, dairy free person. Maybe in CA where there'sa culture for that, but out here it just doesn't fly.
I'll be back if i find more photos.
Isaac's 12th Birth Day
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment