Cash's best friend and his family will be moving at the end of June for a year long cross country explore. We are enjoying what little time we have left with them.
We've had a fairly wet spring- some rain, some thunderstorms, some snow. In fact, because of that we've had our own little super bloom. On the nice weather weekends we've been hiking and exploring. We hit Kings Canyon with the waterfall.........
and the Feather river area just across the border into Californoia
They have a train museum, but it wasn't open, so we'll have to go back again. Not that we mind.
Miss Hazey is climbing the stairs, pulling herself to standing and traversing surfaces standing up. She even sits now too. It's crazy to thing that in a couple of days she'll be nine months. I've got her next batch of clothes cracked out and ready. She's growing just like the others- long and lean. But on the smaller side. Except Pherson. He's already into size 4T.
I've been doing a lot of yard work- mostly weeding. I did the front a couple weeks back and planted some lavender (they say the deer won't eat it, but we'll see).
I think we have an apple tree that sprouted from the seeds the kids planted last season. I have one peach that I grew and one my dad gave us (well, he gave us two, but one survived). We've planted straweberries and lettuces
I also weeded a back area where we are going to set up the trampoline and the firepit and do summer movies. The kids have camped back there already- Cash and Tupp did a night all by themselves with only a baseball bat and a broom for protection from wild animals, tee hee. I also put together a "pirate ship" that the kids are thoroughly enjoying.
And we've even had nice enough days that we could crack out the waterslide and pool.
I love looking at them and thinking about whol ooks like who. It's going so fasst, and I'm enjoying most every minute of it.
Pherson started wanting to wear Tupp's dresses instead of pants. So I cracked out the kilt and he was in heaven. Except for scraped knees. The incidence of scraped knees skyrocketed over night.
We even went to the Scottish games in Sacramento to try to find some good deals, but no such luck. WE did get him a sporran though....
So instead I found a deal and ordered a MacDonald and Jolly Roger tartan kilt from sport kilt. I just need to do a bit of sewing to finish them off (since I ordered the cheap versions figuing i could do the finishing details). Now he has at least three plus another one that I'm trying to make from scratch.
Happy Mother's Day mama!
Cash finally lost his fourth tooth.
I tried a new recipe- applesauce pie. It's actually quite good.
For Mother's Day my sweetie ordered enough roses to bowl me over. He said he was trying for a dozen per child, but I think cost wise he settled for 36 and some junior mints, which was perfect for me.
I've been working on my phone photography again since I found an app where you can sell your photos. Not as easy as it sounds, but it's been fun to play around, nonetheless.
I'm a book addict, and it's gotten worse lately.
We've started teaching again. Only monthly at the moment. It makes more money that way and I think it's more enjoyable because more people come out. We're thinking to start a second night in Reno this summer as well. I haven't given up the dream of teaching highland again, it's just gotten postponed with sickness and such.
I dyed my hair red again and Tupp joined in the fun.
Cash wanted to share the shark that he built.
Pherson actually fell asleep at the table.He's had a cold that turned into a sinus infection which then turned into...
impetigo. Germ warfare commenced. I'm hoping no one else comes down with it since I've bleached, burned, thrown away, scalded and whatnot everything under the sun. He's much improved.
Cash earned 2 more belt loops and is almost done with his wolf.
This was May the 4th be with you.
And that's a wrap with our school year as we head into summer. Loves!


No comments:
Post a Comment