We blessed Cash at church today. He looked so cute in his little outfit and was so well behaved (he slept through the whole thing, yeah!). We were so grateful to have David and Cirkl and Lucas there; Jeannie took pictures so I'll post those when I get them from her. Jill Browne was a dear and transcribed it for me. I'll just sum it up.
It was given by Clay with Pops (Russ), Opa (Jim), Jess Whipple, Dave Kelly, Steve Allen, and Rolando Ampuero also present.
"We bless you to be strong, attentive and for you to be a servent to those around you and to your Father in Heaven. We bless you with the ability to discern and make good choices."
As usual I cried.
Sister Smith made him a blessing blanket and burp cloth with his name and a Celtic design on it. Pretty cool! He's already getting bigger; not the waif like little guy I brought home. But he's still small enough that a lady at the Halloween dance thought he was a premee (I don't think he ever looked quite that small, b ut new babies are deceptively tiny). Anyhoo. Wish you all were here to enjoy our little one with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment