"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, November 15, 2007

One month



Yesterday we hit the one month mark. I can't believe he's been here for that long, and yet it seems longer since I'm finally getting the hang of things (knock on wood).
He's almost done peeling; his scalp was the last thing to go and in the process he is losing his hair and going bald. I know he looks bald in his pictures but that's because the hair on the top was blonde. I think this is my punishment for thinking other peoples babies were ugly. I know it will grow back, but in the meantime he's got a balding mullet. I'm thinking of cutting the hair in the back since shaving an infant just doesn't seem right.
We have attempted to use the G-diapers (note his one month picture) but have decided they are more a pain in the butt than anything else. I am planning on forcing myself to finish using the pack (even though they leak and then you have to wash the liners every time, blah blah) and then (Gasp! Hope Brian isn't reading this :) go back to disposable. I think the deciding factor is changes in the middle of the night. When you're sleep deprived and it's dark and you just want to get it done the multi step process of an earth-friendly diaper just doesn't cut it. Sorry. Brian, when you're a parent then you can lecture me on the diaper issue. Instead, invent one that acts like a disposable but biodegrades like the G diaper ;)
So, due to different familial upbringings, Clay and I have differing points of view on many things, including immunizations. In an effort to be fully informed (aside from my own on-going research via the web and my education in Biology) I attended an immunization seminar two nights ago. Unfortunately I was sorely disappointed. Thank goodness it was free! Luckily both Cammie and Jeannie were there so at least it was nice for them (and me) to play with Cash.
Last night some friends from church had a girls night out at Chevy's. It was fun to hang out with them, I think especially because I haven't gotten to know a lot of the people who have moved in recently since I've been working with the kids in nursery at church. Ah, freedom...
I've included some pictures of Cash that we've taken within the last few days. He's fun to dress up and you usually have to change him a couple of times a day due to accidents.He reminds me of Ben in this photo.

And Clay in this photo...
And Santa's Little Helper in this one. Or a Grimlin...

No comments:

Blog Archive