"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Church Christmas Party

The Christmas party is over- yeah! And it was a success- yeah! Although due in very, very little part to me and entirely to Ginger and Marian. Having a little one and Clay not there to help out and watch him makes me unreliable for helping on the day. I always have grandparents willing to watch Cash, but I don't want to blithely assume and run off and leave him with them all night long. It just means I'm less effective as part of the activities committee but on my end it means on the day I just show up and enjoy.
I took pictures of the decorations as they were quite lovely (and it was an opportunity for me to play with my photography skills). We had Santa and Mrs. Claus (who's costumes I was in charge of getting) greet the kiddies in the beginning and during dinner. After dinner (which was scrumptious and consisted of turkey, mashed potatoes, peas, rolls, cranberry sauce, and some sort of jello) was the entertainment. And before I go on Cash particularly enjoyed the peas and the cranberry sauce. I'm so thrilled he loves peas!
I was part of the 12 Pains of Christmas productions which went quite well. I did take a video of it, but am still deciding on whether I want to post it. Next were several lip sync numbers which were quite entertaining- I particularly enjoyed the puppet version of Jamaican Christmas, My Sombrero is too Big, the Chipmunks Christmas song (as done by the bishopric), and Donde Esta Santa Claus. We ended the evening on a more spiritual note with the Nativity story done by the kiddies.
Even though these last little ones aren't my kiddies, they were so cute as little angels I couldn't help taking a picture.

Both Grammy and Pop Pop helped take care of Cash. He was particularly moody as he'd only gotten about a half an hour nap earlier, but he's so good around them you'd never know it.
Except the party where he thought the ornaments were a ball and tried to throw them. Good catch Pop Pop!
I took some shots of Cash before we headed out to the party since he looked so darling sitting on the bench waiting for me to put his shoes on. When you tell him to sit so we can put shoes on he gathers them up for you and then either heads to the bench and waits for you to help him up or goes to the stairs and backs up until he can sit down on the bottom step. What a doll!
The other day he found my dradle that I got last year and was using as a decoration. He loves it when I spin it and then he tries to catch it and spin it himself.
I finally went and got an extension cord this evening. I've been putting it off, sure that I would find the one I know that I have. Alas, I haven't been able to find it and no one else had one so I bit the bullet and got one (for only $4). And we have lift-off- let there be lights!


Oh, we did take pictures with Santa but they're on Oma's camera so I'll have to see about getting them tomorrow. It was darling. He did really well and you could tell he was trying to figure this Santa guy out and then at the very end he decided he wasn't too sure any more and started tearing up and crumpling his face. He never did fully cry, but I think the response was mostly due to lack of sleep.

No comments:

Blog Archive