"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Anniversary and the Garden

That pretty much sums up our weekend. Clay and the guys from church cranked out our raised bed today for the start of our vegetable garden. We have to wait for the dirt to compact, but then we'll be planting things like corn, beans, onions, squash, watermelon, strawberries and maybe even tomatoes (but not for our personal use :) Then we need to finish what's left of the yard. Part of that includes picking up the slide we bought for Cash- another craigslist wonder. Just $20 and it's the exact same type of slide he plays on in the nursery at church. Have I mentioned how much I love craigslist?
My video training today went rather well, in spite of myself, and then Cash and I had a fairly easy going afternoon. When Clay got home we took his car out and washed it and then ran to get photos of the Garden Party (as the men call it) processed so they could show it off at church tomorrow. Thus concludes the celebration of our anniversary ;) I don't think either of us had the energy for much more than that.
Cash had a nasty accident on Thursday. He was going down the driveway on his new car and ran right into the bumper of Opa's parked truck. After much screaming, tears and blood the end result is two chipped front teeth and a punctured lip. He's mending up very well and I'll take him to the dentist some time this week just to smooth out the snaggletooth. Now Opa wants him to walk around in a helmet and bubble wrap.
Here are some photos of the Garden Party. Hope you all have a beautiful weekend.

Filling up the holes
Behold, the chicken wire...


BeforeAfter
Now all we have to do is actually plant...

1 comment:

Honor said...

Ohhhh my heavens! I shouldn't be laughing at this, but when I read about Cash's accident, I read CLAY not Cash. "He was going down the driveway in his new car and ran right into the bumper of Opa's parked truck. After much screaming, tears and blood the end result is...." I was thinking, Clay ran into your dad's parked car in the driveway?! Wait... there was blood and screaming?! Did Jim go ballistic? Who was screaming and who was crying?!" It just didn't add up. Thank goodness I reread it or I'd be going to bed tonight with images of Clay wearing a helmet and bubble wrap! Ohhhh, I'm dying over here!

Seriously though, I'm so sorry to hear about poor little Cash! You must have been beside yourself! There's nothing like a mother's panic when something happens to the little one. I sure hope that he's doing alright and that he's not still hurting. I'd better wrap this up, but I love and miss you guys. Happy Anniversary! And please tell Clay a very Happy Belated Birthday. I swear I meant to in the phone conversation when I called while you guys were in NV, but I'm just a dork like that. Love you!

Blog Archive