Unfortunately I forgot my camera, but Robin came with us and brought hers so there's hope of posting pictures in the future.
Clay was out of town so we (Cash and I) picked up Robin and dragged her to the beach with us. She'd only been in town for a week, but we had a wonderful time catching up. For those who don't know, I wen to high school with Robin and she's always on some far off adventure. The last time I saw her was two years ago and she was in between school in Belgium and the Peace Corps in Moldova. She's back for the summer until she attends Oxford. It was fascinating learning about Moldovan culture and her experiences in the Peace Corps.
We went to Doran beach and flew Clay's humongous kite and played for a bit in the sand. We soon gave up, however, since the wind was rather fierce. We stopped for some delightful fish and chips before heading back home. It's amazing how the beach (and the out of doors in general) can both refresh and drain you all at the same time.
The story that I wanted to share, and this is primariy for Jennifer's benefit because I know she'll understand, regards Cash and his habit of collecting rocks and pebbles...
So we're walking back to our car from the beach and he stops to pick up some rocks in a gravelly area. I tell him not to of course but I'm loaded down with diaper bag, kite (which is covered in water and sand) and his bag of sand toys. We get back to the car and I hand him the keys and ask him to unlock the car (which he loves to do). He in turn asks me to hold his rocks. So I take his "rocks" and realize, "hey, these are no rocks!" They were little dried poo poos! AAAAckkkggghhh! Needless to say I dropped everything and whipped out the purel and sanitized us up the wazoo. Purel- don't leave home without it.
Isaac's 12th Birth Day
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment