"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pre Easterness

It entails egg dying. Which lead to finger staining and thus bath taking. But it was all good fun and Cash loved putting the drops of dye in the water and helping me stir the eggs.
As you all know, Cash is a lefty. We're not concerned by this fact, just that his right hand's coordination is so underdeveloped he can hardly pick up a ball with it. So my new plan of attack is to tie up his left arm and then have him do tasks like turn over his memory game cards and pick up cheerios one at a time. We're already witnessing success as evidenced by his use of the pincer grasp with his right hand for the first time. My dream of course is for him to be ambidextrous like my cousin Kathleen.

Last night our friends who own Wine Country Bride put on a fashion show. Clay got to be in it. Nothing big, but just kind of fun.Our garden is already starting to grow. I have 4 or more peas, 1 corn, and either 2 squash or a squash and a watermelon that have sprouted. I've truly come to love gardening. The weather has returned to winter, but it's supposed to be dry by Saturday. I hope so since I'm planning on having a garage sale. I've been piling all my "to get rid of" stuff in our office this last week. And if you know of anyone who lives near me that needs an awesome couch or vintage entertainment center they're on the market.
Toodle doo, as Cash says.

1 comment:

Britt said...

Hi Cullen, I've been laughing for about 20 minutes about the look on Cash's little face in the picture with the sling...it's like he's saying, "Look what my mom did to me!" It's a great idea...he just looks like he needs a little convincing! So cute!

Blog Archive