I know it's been a while since posting anything. I've thought about it, but so far that's about as far as it's gotten. I still haven't loaded the photos, but know that they will eventually make it up here. Eventually...
Over the last couple of weeks we've had some nice moments. It makes me realize how lazy I've gotten in that I never bother to bring my camera anywhere or take pictures of Cash much these days. I'm too "in the moment" I suppose. So when I post the photos there won't be as many as there should be.
Our garden is humming right along. We may not get to reap it's full benefits in the end, but in the meantime it's grand. Most of our corn is knee high (a bit ahead of schedule) and we've got pumpkins budding on the vine. I harvested our first round of lettuce yesterday and some peas. I thoroughly enjoy shelling peas. Thoroughly... All together it made for a great dinner salad on Friday night. I bought some basil in anticipation of making pesto and just received a few more basil plants from our dear friend Jackie. Our squash are continuing to grow and we've even pulled up a couple of semi-usable onions from our planting last year. Yeah for gardening! The only bad news is that Cash saw me harvesting the lettuce and thought he'd help out and so now we have a couple of decrepit lettuce plants. Ah well, an A for effort, right?
In Cashel developments..... We believe naps are becoming outdated. Most of this week has not seen naps. Now that doesn't mean he sleeps the best at night, but we're waiting to see how this trend carries out. We have high hopes. In the meantime we get to hang out with our friends in the afternoon more- like Tuesday we played with Kaelynn and then stopped by Sarah's on the way home.
With the summer weather change we've been bike riding more and running barefoot in the grass more. We have as yet to go swimming. But given the current weather pattern we will likely be hitting the pool this next week.
He's started using the word "mistake" a lot (ie: it was a mistake) and starts nearly all of his sentences with 'cause. Ie: "This is an airplane Mommy. 'Cause it's time for him to got to bed now." He loves to watch tours of the space station and the cupola space video. Aunt Cammie has hooked him on Little Einsteins and so his jet engine airplanes sometimes become rockets that blast-off. If you haven't seen it you should check it out. Pretty cute and it uses classical music and art. He loves to do all the tapping, etc with the characters.
I have decided to start bribing Cash with jelly beans in order for him to go on the potty. He'll sit on the thing forever and read books but.... nothing. And he won't tell you if he needs to go, even though he knows. I figure it's worth a shot. Worse case scenario is I eat the jelly beans instead.
Cash pedaled his first time today. He hates it- he'd rather be walking the trike. But at least he knows how to do it.
So last, but definitely not least, we are expecting another little one. I figured I'd get it out there before people start wondering if I'm just getting fatter ('cause I'm already fat :) We've realized that family needs to come first and to put our family on hold for all the other things in life... well, that would be silly. So Cash is getting a baby for Christmas, which he's not too keen on, but willing to accept. He'd rather have a blue airplane (or so he's informed me). Welcome to the real world kiddo!
Isaac's 12th Birth Day
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment