That's what October has started with. Bang, as in, so busy my head hurts.
The good news is I finally found some seeds and have planted our winter garden. With any luck we'll have carrots, celery, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower and several varieties of lettuce. Later on in the winter I'll plant some red onions and sweet banana peppers.
We've taken advantage of (since I can't exactly say "enjoyed") the warm weather we've been having. Cash played in the pool the other day, we worked on our garden and (though not related to the weather) we've begun working more on preschool at home for Cash. Our schedule isn't really conducive to a regular preschool and I'm not ready to send him off to something that extensive yet. Our lesson the other day was on the colors red and blue and crayons. We watched that old video I remember from Sesame Street showing how crayons are made. We've done lessons on bears that include counting 1-3 and the color green. We begin the month of October learning about cleanliness and more colors. I'm excited for the lessons since this is my favorite time of year- fall, leaves, scarecrows, pumpkins- and we can incorporate all of those wonderful things.
Another thing I'm trying to plan is Cash's birthday. He's excited because he finally understands what birthdays are- cake, balloons and presents. Thanks Baby Einsteins. But luckily he's more than content with just a balloon.
Baby is ever moving, but I think she's finally big enough that her movements have become inhibited- she doesn't beat me up quite as much. Alas, she continues to expand my waistline and I've lost more pants to the cause. Luckily it's all out in front like a basketball, rather than a tire. At least she's a girl with good taste :)
I have more things to post but lack the motivation to do so. I'm just barely keeping up on the house work these days to keep the department of health from closing us down. It's an all time low, but it's also an all time busy with work, Clay's campaign, trying to fit in preschool, doctors appointments, the Wedding Expo coming up, blah blah blah but trying to take the time for the little moments with our loved ones that matter most. We need a vacation but aren't going to get it.... such is life.
Wishing you all the energy and motivation to keep on truckin' and hoping you can wish the same for us :)
Isaac's 12th Birth Day
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment