Where to begin...
I'm done shooting my weddings for the season. Now to do the editing. But right now I'm preoccupied with a couple of other things: everything that goes into prepping for the Wedding Expo (making promos, making our brochures and calendars, etc), celebrating Cash's birthday and taxes for last year. Yes, we are that bad with procrastinating.
We started celebrating Oma's birthday on Sunday with a dinner at Gigi's house. I made the cake- a new recipe and experiment. It's a chocolate ginger-ale cake, and I think it was quite successful. Oma said she liked it anyway. Tomorrow we do the real thing and I'm taking her to Sushi Hana (but not for sushi :).
Cash is so excited for his birthday. Mostly because he gets to play with friends and have cake. Thankfully he's not even thinking about presents.
We went to Costco yesterday and they had all their Christmas stuff up. There's this amazing magic that occurs when you mix children with Christmas. It just brings a smile to my face seeing Cash glow in the magic of seeing a Christmas tree and a sleigh and all sorts of stuff he considers "magical."
He sings all the time these days, and dances and periodically makes me sing so he can conduct the music. His latest favorite is "I've been workin' on the railroad."
I'm trying to be good at doing preschool regularly. Last week I did pretty well, but I didn't start out this week like I should have. Here's to hoping I make up for it with the rest of the week! Today we learned a bit about squares and then we went on a nature walk and collected leaves while simultaneously putting out fliers for Clay's campaign in our neighborhood. Then we made a crown of leaves. I'm feelin' all professional :) Tomorrow we learn about triangles and Christopher Columbus (I know, a day late). This is so much fun!
I've got most of Cash's Halloween costume together. He wants to be a rocketship and I thought red rocket ship (don't ask, it made sense to me and he's going with it). I just have to finish the hat and make some flames for his shoes and fins for his legs and arms and we're set! He just better not change his mind :)
More to come in October I'm sure. Loves to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment