
She's here! And perfect timing too. I started having regular contractions Thursday night around 8pm-ish. They waffled between ten and twenty minutes apart. I decided to try and get some rest, which didn't really happen. I got up around 5am and decided that I should just try and get the show on the road so I started walking. Around 7am they started getting 5 minutes apart, so at 8:30am I told Clay we should probably get ready to go. He handled getting everything loaded and Cash dropped off to Auntie Cammie. We left the house at 9:20am, got to the hospital around 10am and I was at a 7. They monitored me for about 20 minutes and then after that I walked up until around 12:30 when I felt like it was time to push. She came out at 12:55 weighing 7lb 9.4 oz and 19 inches long.
Here are my team of helpers:
Jan was a fantastic nurse- hands off but always there when I needed her. She was perfect.

Lynn- she was the second nurse on duty and was Jan's assistant. She took care of Tup afterward. Sweet, sweet lady who loves what she does.

Sue Turner- delivered Tup and is so fantastic at what she does. Sue is not a doctor. I think she's a nurse/midwife? But she is amazing. So supportive, positive, holistic... love her. She's one of our early Christmas presents.

We had family come to visit later on Friday. We'll post more pictures of that later. Right now this is the only one I have. The girl cousins!

I have to admit that when they first handed Tup to me I was like, "are you sure this is my kid? I mean, look at her hair!" Where did all that dark hair come from? And I know they say it's an old wives tale, but I'm telling you, that heartburn wasn't for nothing.
I stayed at the hospital on Saturday while Clay worked a wedding and then we came home yesterday around 2pm. It's been an experience already, adjust to two. Cash is more prone to temper tantrums, but I make sure I tell him I love him. He isn't a fan of me being preoccupied and dad having to do more with him, but this is only first day at it. Hopefully we'll get into a workable routine :)
I feel like with every monumental experience I can reflect and really learn a principle from it, and giving birth is no different. After Tuppence's birth I reflected again on Cash's. It truly was a miracle that I had him naturally with no medication. And that was solely due to Clay and Trish. With Tuppence I realized that being prepared with lots of tools in your backpack to choose from makes all the difference. My other reflection was on how perfectly suited Clay and I are together. I already knew that, of course. It's almost indescribable how he knows me so perfectly and helped to make this labor as easy as it was. I plan on writing a whole thing on it another time, when I have time, so suffice it to say that I couldn't have done it without him and he's the most perfect man in the world as far as I'm concerned. I love him!
Well, off to make dinner. You don't really get time off for anything when you're a mom :) Loves to you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment