"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas

Well, Christmas has come and gone. I think I enjoy the build up rather than the day itself. Not that it's not fun, but it will never be what it was when you were a kid. Now it's about sleeping in and resting as much as possible.
This has nothing to do with Christmas, but I couldn't pass it up. This is how Cash holsters his gun. Amusing.
We decorated a gingerbread man with play dough as one of our school activities. I admit we've been pretty weak on those this month, but we've managed to do a lot of the holiday ones.
Cash had a wonderful Christmas. He especially loved his biplane from Auntie Jess, the kiddie camera (that was my amazing buy from the after Thanksgiving sale at Walmart), and the Hungry Hippos from Auntie Cammie and Uncle JP.


In truth, I think the whole Mitchell family enjoyed playing the Hippos game.
We did manage to make it to church on Sunday. Crazy, or at leas that's what everyone said we were. But I thoroughly enjoyed dressing Tup up. She's like my very own doll!
Hope you all had a very merry Christmas. We are doing well- catching sleep when we can. I feel like the laundry has had kittens, but other than that and the fact that (thankfully) I don't have to fit in any work right now we're doing great. I'm thinking of starting cleaning houses next week, but we'll see how that goes. Sometimes I'm too ambitious for my own good :)
Much love to you all and a happy New Year!

No comments:

Blog Archive