"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Another week

It seems a shame we should have to go back to work on Monday. I think we should institute a four day weekend. Just my personal opinion.
Our week has been generally uneventful. Clay had double header weddings this week (Friday and Saturday), I went to a baby shower (not mine, hallelujah), and had a wonderful time visiting with my Auntie Cindy on Saturday (mental note that the beef at the Vietnamese restraunt was wonderful and Powell's doesn't have their pumpkin gelato out yet). I know she absolutely loves it in Paradise, Utah, but I miss her all the same and sometimes wish she'd move back here but understand completely why she doesn't. Sunday I got a call to let me know that they'd be releasing me from the nursery (which they apparently didn't do, but Clay and I were late so I missed the announcements) and that they would like for us to attend a Young Married's class during the second hour. Clay had a presentation to give in another ward today so I went as Me, Myself, and I but had a great deal of fun and look forward to the class in the future. Although, how many weeks I'll be able to attend remains unclear as I'm due in three weeks but Cash could arrive at any time. I like to think I'll attend up until he arrives, but I about nearly died in my shoes today. For some reason, now and again I get "little sausage feet" as I fondly refer to them. Not entirely too swollen but enough to notice and make me actually consider going bearfoot. Luckily my extreme case of germaphobia gets me through, but I've been sitting with my feet up much of the day and drinking more water in hopes that this will rectify the situation as it has in the past. And while I've noticed that my blog is severely lacking in pictures recently, it's really not necessary to post a picture of my feet to make this blog more interesting.
I did however take a picture of my tummy today as I'm continuing to enlarge. It seems like every week I say to myself "Okay, this is it. It can't possibly get any bigger," but then it always does. I know for a fact it has because I've just gotten the most horrid stretch mark ever. And just when I thought I'd pretty much escaped them too. And it itches like the dickens so I'm constantly putting on lotion and may just run out which I was sure I wasn't going to do. And I realize I look totally out of it in this picture, but I don't think Clay was paying attention to facial expressions when taking this photo. Normally I don't look this out of it, so ignore the face and focus on the belly.
David and Cirkl surprised me this evening with the most wonderful gift: a glider! It is absolutely perfect in every way; size, comfort, fitting in our little living room... I want to get a cover for it so that once under the onslaught of burp-ups, and the bodily fluids of our new little one it stays in pristine condition for future use. Yes, we are planning on having at least one more in the future. Clay likes to think four is the magic number, but I think we should forgo family biases before committing to specific numbers.
We have another appointment on Wednesday (they are weekly now) so if there is any interesting news we'll let you know, but we don't expect any and actually hope there is nothing of interest to report as our "special person," as we like to call Trish (our doula/midwife/guidence councilor/etc), is out of town until Friday.
Tomorrow we are playing Bacci ball with our neighbors. I've never played Bacci ball but hear it is great fun. Will let you know.
We hope all your weeks go well and encourage you all to stay updated on your blogs even when you think you have nothing interesting to report (like any of this was interesting- yeah right) because we derive so much enjoyment from reading them all. Toodles.

No comments:

Blog Archive