So last night (or this morning depending on how you look at it) we were movie extras. Not the fabulous life that one would imagine. I think it must be more fun during the day, but night shoots are not (and not just because I'm pregnant). First they put me in a seventies style tent/moomoo. I can understand how women in the seventies who were pregnant could be severely depressed; they were uglier than sin. I have to say that I am severally disallusioned by the movie making process; they have morons in charge with no idea of communication skills or the idea of efficiently using time or people, and the magic is entirely in the editing because the acting is horrible in real life. We started working at 6pm and ended working at 5:50am. I was tired, uncomfortable, ugly, hungry (they had finally fed us at midnight and the snacks in between were not much to speak of), and in desperate need of a bathroom but not willing to use the portapotties yet again (not a pleasant experience to begin with let alone when one is eight months pregnant). So I drove Clay's truck home in this state; and trucks don't drive like cars, suspension wise. You get the idea; that combined with our little one moving around, as he does during the wee hours. Anyhoo, I was quite grumpy and Clay was very good to keep rooting me on, calling me a "trooper." I think my other problem was I hadn't expected to be an actual used extra, or if so that I'd be driving the truck. The truck being the whole reason I was there. They needed two trucks and Clay needed a second person to get the other truck down there. Ah well, an interesting experience to be had by all. It was nice meeting the other extras. And we slept in until 1pm today. Now it feels like noon even though it's nearly five. Time warp. I hope it doesn't mess up my sleeping schedule too much. Not that my schedule has been divine anyhoo. Oh well, at least we were gettting paid.
No comments:
Post a Comment