"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, December 2, 2007

December already?


Goodness, time is flying by. I know they say it only gets worse as you get older and especially once you have kids.
As inspired by Jen, I put up our Charlie Brown fake Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. I usually wait until the first of December, but then I thought I might as well get the full use out of it. Besides, I love not having to turn on any lights but those of the Christmas tree. And Cash loves to stare at it and the reflection of it in our back slider door.
Yesterday we went and viewed our pregnancy photos that we took with our professional photographer friend. They are BEAUTIFUL. We can't wait to share them with everyone (which unfortunately probably won't be anytime soon).
Tonight we crashed an old people's social dance club. It was so much fun and they were so happy to see us. When we sat out to hold and comfort Cash, different couples would stop by to ooh over him as they passed while dancing. They even announced him during the event they were so excited to have him there (and I didn't even mind that they announced that he was a one year old girl).
He is such a cutie, if I do say so myself. He's getting better at holding up his head and is actively smiling and laughing. All morning I just made him smile and giggle. His three sure fire joy busters are: wiggling your finger over his lips, rubbing his tummy, and moving his legs really fast to make is look like he's running. And no, he isn't just passing gas. I'll put up video of it tomorrow when I take it. He still has his mullet but there is blonde fuzz already well on it's way to becoming a real head of hair. He will not be a bald one-year-old as some tactless individual mused.
Wish you all were here to share in the darlingness that is Cash.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

HI Cullen, Clay, and Cash!
I love reading your blog and Jen's too. I have resolved to update mine more frequently; you've both inspired me! Are you at home all day? I'll have to come up one of these days to visit! Our lovies are getting bigger...probably 15 pounds by now. Lots of smiling, giggling...and sleeping.Dr. Miraglia DID say that it would get better!!!! He was right. (Isn't he awesome???) Well, more later; we just put our fake tree up today too, and the babes LOVE the lights!
Love ya! Nancy

Blog Archive